ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Tommo on September 06, 2015, 10:49:58 AM
-
Hi guys and girls, I have written up a report on my recent trip to Angola in search of a trophy african giant threadfin. Click on the link below to have a read. These are amazing fish, and a bucket list addition for anybody that loves salt water spinning!
https://www.fishtube.tv/reports.html?view=entry&id=598 (https://www.fishtube.tv/reports.html?view=entry&id=598)
Enjoy!
-
Great read Tommo and congrats on a beaut of a fish!! :resp:
-
Great report. Thanks.
I know too many of those off days.
-
I find it difficult to comment on posts that make me so insanely jealous!!! awesome fish Craig.... :envy this little emo does not even start to get the message across.. well done there and thanks for inspiring us with this awesome post.
-
:win: :tkx: excellent report , I am :envy . :toppie: :toppie:
-
Well done to the angler.V
-
Congrats - absolute beaut of a Fish
-
Nice fish Tommo , :clfoto: and great report.
Much better than fishing with redbait :hehe:
-
Well done on your new PB Tommo (clap) its seems an incredible fishery BUT one that not many will get to see if their rates are anything to go by :blush:
-
Stunning
-
Great report and a huge congrats on an awesome catch (clap)
-
Nice one Tommo! Kwanza is an awesome place!
-
:cgrts: Tommo great report and great fish. The Cuca brought some memories back from my army days :hehe:
-
Thanks Guys, glad you enjoyed it! Actually Prego, you would be surprised, their rates are pretty reasonable as far as exotic locations go. A week's package to fish there is not as expensive as one may imagine.
I also chatted to the owner, Rico Sakko, and some of the management staff at Kwanza Lodge about the common perception that South African fishermen are not really wanted there. I was assured that this is definitely not the case, and that we are most welcome there. It is definitely worth looking at a trip up there and an opportunity to catch world class fish. Those sort of destinations are getting fewer and fewer.
-
Some exceptional catches, well done, abd thanks for sharing the detail regarding rigs, lures etc.
-
That's an awesome report!! Wowzer!