ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Kevinm40 on August 19, 2015, 10:29:24 AM

Title: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: Kevinm40 on August 19, 2015, 10:29:24 AM
I have been trying to put some points on the board for the past 2 months, been out of action the earlier parts of this year, missed out on the sardine run and you know the story.  put some serious time in to compensate for my time out and also got the TA itch, to ease the pain, i went n got myself more plugs, irons and even more rattle lures etc.  there were days I threw my arms off but still nothing!  I must be doing something thing wrong, after some serious prayer and asking for forgiveness (LOL) I got out on Monday morning, persisted with an iron candy green glow targeting snoek.  all I could see were dolphins and more dolphins, I felt like I was in central town at a green light waiting for the pedestrians to cross.  anyways, 1st cast after a short drinks break I got good bend on my Assassin Seria and my sustain sang sweet melodies for 20 long minutes. A very strange fight, not a snoek or kingie, but it just peeled me back n forth. close to the bricks I see a Garrick, got him in closer n 1 hand on the tail only to get klapped frott by a wave, fish went straight out into the deep. few minutes later had him on a nice ledge and the waves did the rest  :yipee:  I got my first Garrick at 7.5kg, put a lot of research into what works and always thought i'd get a Garrick on plug, but iron candy did the trick.  I guess fish will feed on whatever is on offer.  the excitement hasn't warn off yet, when all is quiet, I can still hear my sustain singing!
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: MIKE PIKE on August 19, 2015, 10:31:30 AM
 (clap) .. Nice Kevin .. :win:
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: FishStyx on August 19, 2015, 10:48:27 AM
Awesome  :cgrts:
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: SAfish on August 19, 2015, 11:06:08 AM
Great catch, Kevin.  (clap)
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: small fry on August 19, 2015, 11:32:16 AM
Thanks for a good read and congrats on an excellent catch, may we have a little more info tho, location, time etc.
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: Lichia amia on August 19, 2015, 11:49:12 AM
Very lekkker , well done old Chap  :cgrts:
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: REEFMAN on August 19, 2015, 11:49:27 AM
eXCELLENT! Well done!
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: Bwana on August 19, 2015, 11:57:40 AM
Nice fish well done for persevering!
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: WalkersKiller on August 19, 2015, 03:58:44 PM
Well done bru!  :win: :cgrts:
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: sardinella on August 19, 2015, 04:26:38 PM
Great stuff, very fine catch, well done
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: philter on August 19, 2015, 05:04:02 PM
Great catch, congratulations,     (clap)
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: colin on August 19, 2015, 05:10:14 PM
 :envy :cgrts: great :grk: . :toppie:
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: Kevinm40 on August 19, 2015, 05:12:23 PM
Thanks guys!
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: dugong on August 19, 2015, 05:19:13 PM
 :cgrts: where were you fishing?
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: jball7204 on August 19, 2015, 07:31:23 PM
 :cgrts:

Very nice!!

The best of all is that you'll never forget that one...
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: GT on August 22, 2015, 10:33:20 PM
Congrats on a totally awesome catch  (clap) . Location ???
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: Steenie on August 29, 2015, 09:17:23 PM
Very very very well done! I got my first Garrick (7 kg) on my Sierra last Monday....on the pink glow couta casting spoon! Green and pink does the trick!
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: Kevinm40 on August 31, 2015, 09:21:59 AM
Nice fish Steenie, those Iron candies work very well!
Title: Re: Garrick on Iron Candy - my story
Post by: Weedeater on August 31, 2015, 02:53:37 PM
Fantastic!! Well done!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal