ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: WalkersKiller on May 08, 2015, 10:01:10 AM

Title: Orvis 5wt Repair
Post by: WalkersKiller on May 08, 2015, 10:01:10 AM
Hi guys, was just wondering (Have contacted Orvis), if you think they would repair/replace my Orvis 5 weight. The tip broke a while back, and I cannot find any of my papers/receipts. The rod is about 17 years old. Any thoughts?
Title: Re: Orvis 5wt Repair
Post by: Homie on May 08, 2015, 10:41:22 AM
you seem to have a knack of breaking high end rods hey....
Title: Re: Orvis 5wt Repair
Post by: WalkersKiller on May 08, 2015, 11:11:10 AM
you seem to have a knack of breaking high end rods hey....
Lol I think I have broke 3 in my life, Gavin broke 7 last year  :happ: :rotfl
Title: Re: Orvis 5wt Repair
Post by: Ziggy on May 08, 2015, 11:37:40 AM
I broke my Orvis 2 pc 2 weight. Took  it to the agents at the time
 Did  not have receipt etc but they took it.  Could not replace with equivalent (out of stock ) and 2 months later they gave me a new and highly upgraded 4 pc rod
Title: Re: Orvis 5wt Repair
Post by: WalkersKiller on May 08, 2015, 11:57:59 AM
Nice...
Title: Re: Orvis 5wt Repair
Post by: Fishlus Mark on May 08, 2015, 02:00:11 PM
My T&T's have serial numbers on the blanks and they gave a warranty card to fill in, did Orvis not do the same? I'm sure they gave a warranty card for you to register??
As far as I can remember it was an unconditional breakage warranty?? They should replace.
Title: Re: Orvis 5wt Repair
Post by: WalkersKiller on May 08, 2015, 02:04:11 PM
Thanks Mark, will have a look.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal