ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Zeyn on April 14, 2015, 08:34:58 AM
-
Morning chaps, has anyone tried the FG knot on Nanofil. Thanks in advance
-
Nope, I havent, but heard it is one of the better knots to use in nano. I use a uni to uni and have never had any problems in terms of casting lures off or the knot parting in any way.
-
Nanofil is a tough one, it does not knot easily.
What works for me is a Bimini in the Nanofil, and use a Uni (9-12 turns) in the Nanofil and Fig 8 or Uni (4 - 6 turns, depending on thickness) in the Mono.
-
Yeah I've used it plenty with no issues... Just take your time ( as always ) tying the FG properly....
-
This clip talks specifically about the FG with nanofil (in the second half). I've used it with better results than any other knot for nanofil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52uWL43hUbw (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52uWL43hUbw)
-
I use it all the time on 30lb nonafill and never had and issue with the knot.
-
FG/FC works just fine in Nanofil.
Easiest method by far is using the rod as a sort of bow to keep tension on the main line:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQfeq0XaUzw (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQfeq0XaUzw)
When out on the beach, you can run the braid through all the guides and make a small loop in the end that you can hitch over the reel handle.
For thinner braid and mono, omit the lighter sequence to create the little ball/blob and do about 6 opposing half hitches on the braid only.
Trim the mono and pull tight again.
Then trim the tag end of the braid main line.