ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: carll on February 16, 2015, 12:02:42 AM
-
A lot of questions have been asked about these two Spinning rods. Both
these rods are master pieces in the light tackle spinning category. I
personally have a Assassin Sierra. I recently had the
opportunity to speak to Barry Wareham and Jonathan Knight at Basil
Manning about the difference between these two rods. I had the opportunity
to cast a few casts with the Shimano Lesath and its a fantastic rod ! Both
these rods feel different while casting. The Lesath tip section bends more
and the Sierra's blank has a more C cure. Barry and Jonathan each own
both rods. The Assassin Sierra is more superior rod than the Lesath,
beter blank material etc.
Jonathan has done a number of intense tests on both rods. The
Shimano Lesath only managed to dead lift a 3kg weight and the Assassin
Sierra lifted a 5kg weight :shk
But the Shimano Lesath is still one of the best Spinning Rods !
-
Thanks for that Carl, very interesting!
The deadweight lift of 5kg on a 1-2oz rod...! :shk that I have to see! My mind says it's not possible, but this new technology never ceases to amaze!
-
Very interesting info about the 5 kg's that the Sierra can lift. It makes it even more mind-boggling how well this rod casts even a 28 g Toby spoon! All I can say is that no one will be disappointed when buying this rod. One recovers quickly from the price shock when you start casting this rod and going tight with some good strong fish! Its long casting ability is one thing, but the pulling power of this 300 g light rod is something to behold!
-
Both these great rods were designed by the same person !