ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: smiley6996 on February 05, 2015, 10:59:52 AM

Title: clone lures
Post by: smiley6996 on February 05, 2015, 10:59:52 AM
What's your favorite color clone for rock and surf
Title: Re: clone lures
Post by: Lenny on February 05, 2015, 11:33:04 AM
Pink seems to be the popular colour for Kob I have take a few on pink too  , well going on their FB posts , and i think thats why the pink are mainly the most popular . 2 to 3 ounce models .


I have also had success on the white and black / green /and blue . Painted some of mine with Montana a high quality Rattle can , I painted them Brown , lost all of the on Tail from the boat , went  under gunned and wept ... LOL


I really wish they would make a  size in between the two sizes they al ready have available .


Lost a couple too .


Great lures for a great price and a South african product . the tackle shops just does not carry enough stock ...


Title: Re: clone lures
Post by: smiley6996 on February 05, 2015, 12:54:11 PM
Here in pe the guys been nailing the tail off shore with the clones  .I see you mentioned the  the weights any reason other then your rod you throw with why you like the heavier lures ? I also like there price for what you get I will also be painting them eventually as I fish off the rocks and it destroys paint jobs quickly.
Title: Re: clone lures
Post by: Lenny on February 05, 2015, 01:36:19 PM
Here in pe the guys been nailing the tail off shore with the clones  .I see you mentioned the  the weights any reason other then your rod you throw with why you like the heavier lures ? I also like there price for what you get I will also be painting them eventually as I fish off the rocks and it destroys paint jobs quickly.


Ya I have seen some serious fish form the Bricks that past couple of weeks .


When fishing form the surf , the heavier the better ,was the call 17 years ago . well we use to say that I suppose its a old grove you struggle to get out of , but to be honest , I like the 1/half ounce model and 2 ounce a lot , it suits the area I am fishing and they don't get snagged up as easily as the heavier brothers ...
Agreed the paint job can be done better , or just a few coats of clear to seal it better .
I will even go as far as to say I am willing to pay more for them  if the paint is done better .
They have made some efforts going on what they say , on their FB regarding colours .



SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal