ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Shore Angling => THE GRINDER REVOLUTION => Topic started by: deonf1984 on December 13, 2014, 05:22:21 PM

Title: what rod to get.
Post by: deonf1984 on December 13, 2014, 05:22:21 PM
Hey UA
I got a okuma trio rex 60 surf casting reel today as a early Christmas  present from my fiance.  What rod can i pair it with. Id like to target shad - small non-eds
My budget is R1000
Title: Re: what rod to get.
Post by: FishStyx on December 14, 2014, 08:31:41 AM
I've got two Sensation Shadpros, an 11' overhead and a 12' spin, and find them to be excellent value for money. The blanks are excellent. The guides are a little shy on quality bit I replaced them on the 12' with Fuji K series. It's now my "go to" surf spinning rod. I prefer it to my Poseidon Ultra Light finding it more versatile in terms of throwing weights.
Title: Re: what rod to get.
Post by: Willie on December 14, 2014, 08:41:37 AM
I recently bought a FinNor 12 ft G force. I have not tried it out as yet but it feels very good and can throw a 4oz weight. I paid R980 for mine. Worth a look at
Title: Re: what rod to get.
Post by: scheeps on December 16, 2014, 08:25:21 AM
Hi

You can get an assasin spin 11ft for R 550 and use the left over to put Braid on your reel. I've got the Assasin Amia heavy 11ft and a Shimamo Exage which I got yesterday.

If you pair your okuma with the assassin spin, you can use 21g to 54g lures, targeting shad, garrick, natal snoek, couta, kob etc all from the shore/Rocks.

Tight lines
Nick
Title: Re: what rod to get.
Post by: FishStyx on December 16, 2014, 08:38:27 AM
 :welc:  Hope you can share some of your catches with us Nick.
Title: Re: what rod to get.
Post by: scheeps on December 16, 2014, 08:55:07 AM
Just joined today. So will start sharing pics going forward!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal