ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: gavin erwin on December 01, 2014, 08:01:24 PM
-
I can finally tick Sterkfontein off my bucket list and I thing everyone on Ultimate should do the same thing at some point. What a magical place :shk .
We left Friday at about 3 in the morning and after a quick 3 hour drive we promptly launched the boat and got a few hours on the water...that water in insanely clear .
We managed 2 yellows and 2 bass. We checked in and when't for a second spin on the boat with no luck.
The second day was a bit better for the wind factor and we found a nice bay, we walked up and down looking for cruising yellows and we found them in numbers :-) Sean proceeded to get into the first golden slab. Took him into his backing on the first run. I landed 1 decent size yellow and a couple small ones. We skipped back home and got some wood on the braai, after a couple cold ones we retreated.
The third day was a bit windy but I managed 3 good yellows and Sean landed a buss all on hopper patterns.
We woke up for one last session before we headed back to Joburg.
[/size][size=78%] [/size]
-
Pics
-
Some more
-
Nice report Gavin.
-
(clap) ... nice Gavin , how did the boat go .??
-
No comments here Gav...
:envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy :envy
-
yoh yoh yoh yoh
-
Nice one
Also you happy with your Boat
-
Thanks guys!!!! Mike the boat performed like a champ :geet So light on juice as well :shk
-
Nice report Gavin. Shees that water does look good. Personally I'm not happy to see bass in that water. Let us hope they don't decimate the yellows. :dunno:
B.T.W Don't you have a good story to tell about your Witsand trip?
-
:win: well done chaps
-
Nice report Gavin. Shees that water does look good. Personally I'm not happy to see bass in that water. Let us hope they don't decimate the yellows. :dunno:
B.T.W Don't you have a good story to tell about your Witsand trip?
I agree :corrct: Bass are good eating so put him on the smoker if you get one. Ill let WK tell the Breede story.
-
Nice report Gavin. Shees that water does look good. Personally I'm not happy to see bass in that water. Let us hope they don't decimate the yellows. :dunno:
B.T.W Don't you have a good story to tell about your Witsand trip?
I agree :corrct: Bass are good eating so put him on the smoker if you get one. Ill let WK tell the Breede story.
I hope you ate those?
And thank you for dashing any hope of me working today
-
Hahaha sorry :blush: They seem to taste better out of that water, cleaner.
-
Congrats on some great fish and a lekker report, definitely on my bucket list!!
-
awesome !!!!!
let me know the next time you plan a splash n dash...
-
Lovely stuff Gavin!!
-
Thanks guys it wouldn't be a bad place for a social :dunno:
-
Thanks guys it wouldn't be a bad place for a social :dunno:
seriously considering going down for a week or so !!!
Whats the best times ? Do you have to have a boat ?
-
A boat is good to have but you can walk to the good spots but they are a far hike. Its a little cold at the mo but I think next year jan feb should be nice and hot. I think the hotter it is the more aggressive they get with feeding. Some other guys were catching barbel on art lure...that also sounds like fun. :hnthnt:
-
myself n gav hav neva fished such a beautiful place.its definetly goin on our yearly calender for years to come!!!we went prospecting for gold and we hit some serious pay dirt!!
-
i will go in the new year. march/april.
havent been for a while...
thanks for sharing.