ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: deonf1984 on November 23, 2014, 08:32:02 AM

Title: sl20 or sl30
Post by: deonf1984 on November 23, 2014, 08:32:02 AM
Hey UA
I have a bluemarlin truflex 12ft rod rated 3 - 4 ounce. I want to pair  it with either  a  sl20 or sl30.
Im going to  Ponta in December  and want to use it for throwing  plugs  and  spoons . Has anyone  else  used this rod  ?
I've  had the rod for over a year and used my sl50 on it but it was way unbalanced.
awaiting  for your replies
Title: Re: sl20 or sl30
Post by: dugong on November 23, 2014, 09:12:55 AM
SL30 but it's the same thing......
Title: Re: sl20 or sl30
Post by: pieta on November 23, 2014, 11:26:45 AM
For a 12" rod I will pair it with the sl30. Sl20 goes very nice with a 10" rod.
Title: Re: sl20 or sl30
Post by: deonf1984 on November 23, 2014, 02:11:07 PM
I was told to go for  the  sl20 As it will be a nice combo with the truflex
Title: Re: sl20 or sl30
Post by: pieta on November 23, 2014, 04:34:52 PM
I don't know the truflex. My wife is fishing the sl30 on a 350/2 Purglas and it is a wonderful combo.
Title: Re: sl20 or sl30
Post by: Kumz on November 23, 2014, 05:16:56 PM
Sl30 ...IMO ...
Title: Re: sl20 or sl30
Post by: Ettienne on November 24, 2014, 10:17:45 AM
I have a SL30 paired to a Wave runner 12'. Brilliant combo that i use for scratching.
Title: Re: sl20 or sl30
Post by: Lenny on November 24, 2014, 10:37:23 AM
Would also go with the 30 .



SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal