ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: icstuff on October 08, 2014, 01:30:30 PM
-
I am now leaving for the festival, to those that stay behind :crzy
Will return with tall tales and pictures.
-
Enjoy it. That is awesome water with some serious fish. My PB was caught there.
-
Enjoy Pietertjie , looking forward to you'er report . Gooi :wtr: :wtr: :wtr: :wtr:
-
Don't forget the 10 ounce in each pocket Pieter.....
Tight lines !
-
Homie that is not where they hang...
-
Just came back from Christiana. Fishing was hard but rewarding, and my fellow fisherman made for excellent companions.
I landed my PB barbel on fly, an estimated 9-10kg fish on 2x tippet (5kg). I had to land it all alone as some people only smiled at me as they drifted past me and the others ignored my cries for help. Bryan landed a bigger fish but it escaped before I could take a pic, somehow the fish managed to lasso it self when it hit the fly.
One of the funniest/Scary stories was our Saturday mission to the other side of the river. And when I say other side it means crossing a 100m run with, some difficult wading, over a small island through a little run and then over a massive island to a pool with the most barbel that I have ever seen. While we were hitting the barbel a storm system trapped us on the island.
you have never seen men wading through water that fast.
Herman took his normal afternoon naps but we could not get a pic this year. The conversation was lively without too many lies.
I will post more pics as I get them.
My barbel
-
Psst: :wtr: !!! Where is the rest of the pics ???
Well done on the :brbel: , must of rev'ed the :turd out of you .
-
Herman's camera is now being used by the fish of the vaal, and I am waiting for the rest to send me photos.
-
Herman's camera is now being used by the fish of the vaal, and I am waiting for the rest to send me photos.
Eina , not nice !! Had a similar experience on Friday above Aarndsnes , did you Chaps by any chance see my Fly box passing through Christiana ?
-
No, but we did land a wading stick.
-
No, but we did land a wading stick.
LOL thats probably Seans!
Nice Bruin Marlyn!
-
Pic of herman not being caught "napping"
(http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23678&d=1413216268)
-
Some pics:
(http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23689&d=1413232414)
(http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23690&d=1413232436)
(http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23681&d=1413226755)
And herman's rim shot:
This is with his expensive new net and just after he realized that the fish stole his camera
(http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23692&d=1413232471)
Photos supplied by Bryan and Dion
-
This is a pic of the stranded men in a lightning storm. It was cold it was wet and my flask was empty.
(http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23687&d=1413227816)
-
And the group:
(http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23684&d=1413226862)
-
This is one of the fish Herman caught on the way back:
(http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23685&d=1413227073)
-
We also found out that it is rather important to show all your fingers when holding a fish. People might wonder why the fish's mouth is open.