ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: ulua on August 22, 2014, 06:23:49 PM
-
I was out testing casting distance on the rugby field between the above two rods paired with a Sustain 5000 with JB30 lbs braid casting a 1.5oz needle nose .
The Amia was getting around 105m to 110m and the Exceler 95m to 100m.
Not too much difference considering the price difference R650 vs R1400.
I would be interested in what distance you guys are getting measured on a rugby field and not estimated on the beach or sea as perspective and actual are some times very different and as men we all add on a few inches.
-
I paid R1200 for my 10.6' Exceler saltwater 2 years ago and R1300 for my 11' Amia with micro guides last year. They're both great and I love both rods, but the Amia wins at the end for a whole host of little reasons.
-
Ya I don't think there's much diffs in price between the Saltwater Exceler's and the Amia's? Actually never seen a Freshwater Exceler.
Remember though, that the Exceler is rated to 3oz, whereas the Amia H is rated to 1.5oz. The Amia will outcast the Exceler with a 1.5oz lure, but the Exceler will be able to cast a 3oz lure, even a 4oz to 100m+
Craig, what is the Freshwater Exceler rated to throw?
-
Rated similar to the saltwater model but will check and confirm.
I was out testing a friends Daiwa Saltist 11'6ft with 20lbs Sufix and the Amia and Exceler with the same braid and no 2 CID spoon.
All rods cast between 100 and 110m with the Exceler getting the further distance.
So for me not much distance difference between 10'6ft to 11'6ft.
-
Reefs are you able to move this to the saltwater lure angling section please?
-
The details of the Exceler are
Daiwa EXF---- 10.6 XXXHFS rated 1.5 oz -- 4 oz / cw
I called it freshwater due to guides not being saltwater quality.
-
Right, now take that Exceler and throw a 3oz with it... it will go over 100m easily!
-
Ja, Exceler is actually better for the bigger plugs and bigger profile spoons for Garrick. Its a lot stiffer by far. Doesn't load as well as the Amia with the smaller stuff but feels great with the heavier lures.