ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: icstuff on August 19, 2014, 11:30:59 AM
-
How about a little get together on the vaal somewhere to dust of the cobwebs and catch some yellow fever?
Lets get a date and decide on a venue, and someone will have to drag oom Reefman allong on this one as well.
-
Sounds like a plan!!! :geet
-
Hows about the 7th Sep at Strome?? Thats where I'll be regardless :corrct:
-
Sounds good Rory. Easy wading if there are newbies.
-
Im there
-
i wont make it... fishing Verlorenkloof that weekend :happ: :happ:
-
Is that Silver stroom?
-
I'm keen if I am around and someone has a loaner for this deep sea angler :blush:
-
Prego all fly anglers have more rods and reels than is needed so we will have some for you. Just bring an old pair of takkies.
-
I'm in for 7th September. :fshn: :frid
How about Woelwaters as an alternative venue ? I'm happy either way. :clwn
-
Im displaying my art on the 7th but im planing a camping trip there sometime soon so Ill keep you guys updated! :fshn: w;k
-
Just a reminder that the 7th is this weekend.
-
Im still in.
May bring a newbie with
-
Great homie. Will bring a bucket and ice for you as well (bat
lets look at the numbers and then decide on woelwaters or strome
-
Woelwaters on a sunday with more than 4 of us isnt a good idea.........
-
Woelwaters on a sunday with more than 4 of us isnt a good idea.........
Homie you suffering some personal space issues?
(http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ybu3njmw1rnvlqy.gif)
-
I'm still definitely in. :fshn:
Don't wish to go below Parys though. Reports from Potch area say visibility is now down to Parys' 5 - 10cm's. :unhap
Anywhere between the dam wall and Parys is good for me. :clwn
-
Herman I estimate that the viz the weekend was almost 50cm
I have a special feeling about strome... but i will have the doctor take a look at it in the morning
-
Names ???
1. Pieter
2. Rory
3. Herman
4. Homie + Shane
5. ???
Kallie ???
Doc ???
-
Sorry Chaps gotta earn my daily wages this weekend . Smell you on the river soon ......
-
According to Acuweather we are looking at temps of 30 deg Max and a min of 6 for Vanderbijl. :happ:
Todays Barrage water temp was just under 13.
Methinks I'm going to wet wade. :hnthnt: Don't want to be in waders at an air temp of over 25. :shk
Lets officially open the season with a BANG. :fshn:
See you all there at 05: 30 :clwn
-
05h30!!?? Lol, we'll see you there between 06h00 and 06h30. Martin and myself will be driving through with Russ.
-
Im gonna need directions. .. else maybe meet at grasmere Rory ?
Time ?
-
Here you go: https://www.google.co.za/maps/@-26.7313385,27.6256181,169m/data=!3m1!1e3 (https://www.google.co.za/maps/@-26.7313385,27.6256181,169m/data=!3m1!1e3)
We will wait for you under that tree
-
ok,
so its on the same road as Woelwaters etc ? How far from the N1 offramp?
-
ok,
so its on the same road as Woelwaters etc ? How far from the N1 offramp?
Check you mail , send you directions
-
Awesome !
:+ cred:
-
Homes meet us at the One stop for some coffee....
-
Shotto !
Say 6 ?
-
Schweet
-
And how did it go? :dunno:
-
Water was cold, martin lost a fish, Rory lost 2.
After the rest left I went for another session and found some deep water(almost spilling into the waders). Lost 3 fish one was a barbel that gave me a good workout but I just could not net it, and the last fish was a 2.2kg muddie that also fought way above its size.
-
It was another lekker morning on the vaal. We did not land any fish but had 3 decent fish where the hooks pulled between me and Rory.
One was a nice size yellow I foul hooked.
Water level was very low and temperature at the start was 13 degrees.
-
Nice one guys!!! A bit of bad luck but thats part of the game (clap) I think a bit of rain will do us good.
-
Many thanks to Pieter, Rory, Rus and Doc for another great morning on the Vaal.
As Doc says water temp at 7:00 was 13 and at 11:00 around 14.5.
Visibility was around 40 cms.
I had 2 on offs, definitely rusty as far as nymphing is concerned. :blush:
I will have to practise much more before going to the Christiana festival in 4 weeks time :happ:
Anyone wish to join me on Sunday coming ( 14th ) :dunno:
-
I'm thinking of going to either Oord Nebo, or Elgro.
Still no one interested ? :dunno:
-
Herman big difference between "want to" and "can"..
-
Herman big difference between "want to" and "can"..
And you Sir are supposed to be studying, and not ogling Ultimate. :dunno:
Maybe if you spent more time studying during the week you would have the time to fish on Sunday. :clwn
After all, Teachers have every afternoon off anyway. :crzy