ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Gerhard on August 15, 2014, 10:00:35 AM
-
Help my ID this species please.
I think its a bream of some sort, its the 1st time I catch one.
Caught from the rocks in Saudi in the Persian Gulf side on a Doctorhook Shool Bully
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/imagejpg1_zpscd15e98a.jpg) (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Jakkals/media/imagejpg1_zpscd15e98a.jpg.html)
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/imagejpg1_zps38dcc706.jpg) (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Jakkals/media/imagejpg1_zps38dcc706.jpg.html)
-
Difficult to ID with certainty from the angle of the pic....
My best guess would be the Haffara seabream (Rhabdosargus haffara) http://fishbase.org/summary/Rhabdosargus-haffara.html (http://fishbase.org/summary/Rhabdosargus-haffara.html)
(http://fishbase.org/images/species/Rhhaf_u0.jpg)
However, the Haffara bream is reported to grow up to 35 cm.... yours looks much bigger though... :dunno:
-
Thanks John,
(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/imagejpg1_zps1e38d9bd.jpg) (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Jakkals/media/imagejpg1_zps1e38d9bd.jpg.html)
-
the first pic looks like the mother of all blue kurpers :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:
congrats gerhard great catch
-
Maybe a Taliban Kurper :hehe: :hehe:
-
Looks like a rock salmon with some modifications... :dunno:
-
:cgrts :cgrts: Nice een G!
-
:cgrts :cgrts: Nice een G!
Thanks Rudi... w;k
-
GoPro video clip
Sobaity Sea Bream (Sparidentex hasta ) in the Persian Gulf (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HADkUUfpaNM&feature=youtu.be#)
-
Hi Gerhard
Create catch and nice video clip (clap)
-
Hi Gerhard
Create catch and nice video clip (clap)
Thanks Carll
-
(clap) Great video clip. It is interesting and I have seen it often myself where fish would strike within a few seconds after you start your retrieve. I have observed Mullet dashing away from a splash and then rush back to see what caused the commotion.
-
(clap) Great video clip. It is interesting and I have seen it often myself where fish would strike within a few seconds after you start your retrieve. I have observed Mullet dashing away from a splash and then rush back to see what caused the commotion.
With the queenfish last year I have seen that they love big splash of a lure landing.
Its almost like a trigger reaction.
Still waiting for them to come in this year to test it.
Cuta again hit either on the lure dropping or the retrieve...