ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Steenie on August 12, 2014, 07:45:42 PM

Title: Why I love spinning
Post by: Steenie on August 12, 2014, 07:45:42 PM
Just me, and me alone, with my spinning kit, ORI tagging kit and a bottle of water on a deserted beach between St Lucia and Cape Vidal today. Not another soul around me. This is why I love spinning.
Title: Re: Why I love spinning
Post by: AQUAFAN on August 12, 2014, 07:55:28 PM
Would be even more awesome so see some fish..lol - hows the fishing at the moment? Gona be down there from this Fri - Sun
Title: Re: Why I love spinning
Post by: Steenie on August 12, 2014, 07:58:48 PM
Was very quiet! Just a couple of young shad on spoon and plug.
Title: Re: Why I love spinning
Post by: Steenie on August 12, 2014, 08:07:14 PM
Covered about 10 km of coast in 5 hours of spinning, so my body feels it tonight! Lol!
Title: Re: Why I love spinning
Post by: Krystyna on August 13, 2014, 05:55:56 AM
This picture just wants me ( no, it  begs me )  to go on a fishing trip right now - and even if there's no fish  , it will still be GREAT all the same  !!! 
Title: Re: Why I love spinning
Post by: REEFMAN on August 13, 2014, 08:01:53 AM
Magical Steenie! That's what it's all about!
Title: Re: Why I love spinning
Post by: WalkersKiller on August 13, 2014, 08:24:44 AM
Nice one Steenie!  :envy
Title: Re: Why I love spinning
Post by: LGF on August 13, 2014, 09:32:03 AM
Pity Aquafan stays in Durbs, would have begged for a place in the boot to tag along........ :envy  Steenie and even if the fishing is great and the catching totally absent, it is always just great to even get to just try and land something with fins.
Title: Re: Why I love spinning
Post by: MIKE PIKE on August 13, 2014, 10:15:44 AM
 :Like:  thats what its about Steenie , wide open spaces , smiles of beer and the spinning gear , perfect .. (clap)
Title: Re: Why I love spinning
Post by: Homie on August 13, 2014, 10:24:41 AM
:Like:  thats what its about Steenie , wide open spaces , smiles of beer and the spinning gear , perfect .. (clap)

ey ???
Title: Re: Why I love spinning
Post by: MIKE PIKE on August 13, 2014, 10:28:03 AM
 :rotfl ... that will work as well , smiles of beer , miles of beach ... :hehe: 
Title: Re: Why I love spinning
Post by: Steenie on August 13, 2014, 04:36:18 PM
Yes it is working the lures and the anticipation with every cast that got me hooked to spinning. And the mobility, I mean how else can you explore 10 km of coastline and put in 5 hours of solid fishing at the same time. But it will be great to carch a couple of good fish soon! I have been trying so damn hard the last couple of months!
Title: Re: Why I love spinning
Post by: GOJ on August 13, 2014, 06:07:49 PM
Nice Steenie! Love that strip of water from St Lucia to mission rocks! I have to say the fish have been making us work hard but agree that some times it has nothong to do with hooking a thing.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal