ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Spoedvraat on July 14, 2014, 01:51:38 PM

Title: Knysna lagoon
Post by: Spoedvraat on July 14, 2014, 01:51:38 PM
Hi guys,

So I'm new on here....got referred by someone.

Anybody know where to throw artificials in Knysna lagoon and what's coming out now?

Passing through there on Friday morning.....

Thanks in advance
Title: Re: Knysna lagoon
Post by: SAfish on July 14, 2014, 02:27:43 PM
 :welc: At the moment fishing with artificials are not very productive because the Kob and Garrick have moved further East and will only return in Spring. I have heard rumours that there are still a couple of Garrick around but I can't confirm it. Below is a link to an article that will give you some more information on the lagoon.

http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=4707.0 (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=4707.0)
Title: Re: Knysna lagoon
Post by: RobinF on July 14, 2014, 02:43:19 PM
If you are only passing through, and you want to throw lures, the train bridge area is the best bet. Safish has some good info as he pointed out, but given that you may only be there for a few hours, I would throw at the train bridge area. Weather and water temp are all going to be a factor, but you never know...give it s go!
Title: Re: Knysna lagoon
Post by: TADONTA on July 25, 2014, 12:50:40 PM
Thanks for all the input. I will advise on how it went on our return.
Title: Re: Knysna lagoon
Post by: sz80d8 on September 18, 2014, 09:04:21 AM
Hi, Did you catch anything on artificial lures at the train bridge? I am wanting to also try the train bridge this weekend despite the weather.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal