ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Trout fishing => Topic started by: PeteT on July 01, 2014, 09:53:53 PM
-
Hi there guys, I am a hardened Saltwater Angler but am going to go to Bushmans Nek for a week from 4 - 11 July to relax. But of course I want to try my hand at some :trout: . I have bought some winter midlands flies from Basil Manning. I am borrowing a rod and want some advice on where to fish in the Bushmans Nek area? Also what flies and techniques.
Any advice welcome.
Thanks in advance.
-
Hi Pete
phone the Underberg Himeville Trout Fishing Club on 08two6three639eight5, they'll be able to help you out on which dams are fishing well and what patterns to use.
-
If you are staying at the Bushmans Nek Hotel/timeshare, there is a dam just above the hotel that is stocked. I stand under correction, but I think guests may fish the New England dam as well. We stocked both dams when we owned the hatchery 2 years ago, so the fish should be a nice size now. I know the new hatchery owner also stocked the hotel dam this year. Unfortunately the rivers are all closed for winter. As Kevf says, get hold of the club (Alan) or pop in at NUD Sports if you are going via Underberg - Barry should be able to give you some advice.
-
:uarocks :tkx: soooo much to everyone who responded.
This is why I love UA - I will do exactly as you say and contact them as soon as I get there.
:trout: :Like:
-
I know its a bit late but heres a nice site for anyone else in the future http://www.uhtfc.co.za/ (http://www.uhtfc.co.za/)
-
I know its a bit late but heres a nice site for anyone else in the future http://www.uhtfc.co.za/ (http://www.uhtfc.co.za/)
Good one Kev - thanks for that.