ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Randon on June 27, 2014, 07:04:30 AM

Title: Berkley Venom Copper Head 9ft xh
Post by: Randon on June 27, 2014, 07:04:30 AM
Morning guys,would like to know if anyone has info on the performance of the Berkley Venom copper head 9ft rod?
Title: Re: Berkley Venom Copper Head 9ft xh
Post by: MIKE PIKE on June 27, 2014, 08:52:41 AM
Hi Randon , i've got the Berkley Venom Cobra  , 8ft version , its a great rod rated 3/4 -3 oz and has a great action so u can really whip a spoon or plug pretty hard with out overstressing the rod at all , being 8 ft kills the distance a bit but its great for off a boat and shore and estuaries.
Title: Re: Berkley Venom Copper Head 9ft xh
Post by: Randon on June 27, 2014, 09:02:03 AM
Tanx Mike, saw the rod on sale at Kings,was planning on getting an
Air but tink I wil try the Copper head
Title: Re: Berkley Venom Copper Head 9ft xh
Post by: MIKE PIKE on June 27, 2014, 09:08:49 AM
Ok cool they have a nice softish action , and im sure the 9ft will get some extra distance , the finish on the rod is excellent as well .
Title: Re: Berkley Venom Copper Head 9ft xh
Post by: Randon on June 27, 2014, 09:16:13 AM
 :tkx:  for the sharp response.
Title: Re: Berkley Venom Copper Head 9ft xh
Post by: fishingum on June 27, 2014, 09:49:21 AM
Tanx Mike, saw the rod on sale at Kings,was planning on getting an
Air but tink I wil try the Copper head
If u dont mind ;what's the sale price?
Title: Re: Berkley Venom Copper Head 9ft xh
Post by: Randon on June 27, 2014, 09:54:10 AM
It was R995.00
Title: Re: Berkley Venom Copper Head 9ft xh
Post by: MIKE PIKE on June 27, 2014, 02:30:38 PM
It was R995.00
Thats a good price for a rod like that . :Like:
Title: Re: Berkley Venom Copper Head 9ft xh
Post by: Jaybennie on June 27, 2014, 07:17:38 PM
I have the Copperhead paired with a Stradic 5000, and I really love this setup!  Casts a 2oz spoon very nicely. Only caught Shad, and a small kingy of around a kilo on it, so can't comment on pulling power, however, it seems like it isn't scared of anything! The salesman told me the Venom range was replacing the Air, (maybe just salesman talk,) but it does say something about Air technology on the rod. I paid R1400.00 for it a while ago, so that is a really good price. They are nicely made, and you won't go wrong with it,  however, I haven't taken mine out the bag since I   bought the Amia! Good luck with your decision! :fshn:



 
Title: Re: Berkley Venom Copper Head 9ft xh
Post by: FishStyx on June 28, 2014, 06:27:50 PM
A mate of mine was sponsored by Berkley a few years ago and he also told me that the Venom was the replacement to the Air. But his impression was that the Air was far superior. He later went over to field test for Shimi and was forced to get rid of his Air. He bitched like crazy about it.


For a while there were no Air's available, but I have recently seen quite a few.



Following his advice, I bought myself an Air just after the introduction of the Venom, and it is without doubt my favorite rod. I have it paired with a Stella 5k with 30lb JB. I'm amazed at what I have managed to pull with that rod.


I'm on the lookout for the 10'6 XH.
Title: Re: Berkley Venom Copper Head 9ft xh
Post by: Randon on June 28, 2014, 09:46:03 PM
 :appr: Tanx Limpopoking,I do have the bottom piece of an Air,jus could'nt get
The top piece at a decent price so I got the copper head.Knew this was
The right place to confirm if the rod works well.
Really apreciate all the feedback
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal