ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Calvin Fourie on June 10, 2014, 10:17:14 AM
-
Since this is a fairly new facet of angling, I think it would be kind of the wiser shore based game anglers to share some of their favourite spots for targeting game fish from the shore. If some of you prefer to keep your spots a secret then do so, it's probably a good idea but it would be cool if we could get some more insight on the more popular spots and what works in these locations. Any input is welcome.
Hope to learn something from you guys soon!
Tight lines!
-
Umdoni Point (Pennington) and Stiebel Point (Umzumbe) are consistent producers all round
-
Thanks! Gonna give it a try in about 3 weeks time.
-
I am also quite new to this facet of angling.I have been trying for snoek at the umgeni river mouth but have not been successful thus far.I have caught quite a few shad in this area though as well as a stone bream and a baby Garrick.
I generally fish here due to it being close to home but there have been reports of snoek from the Virginia stretch of beach.
What species are you looking at targeting?
-
Definitely some Snoek, garrick, kingies and maybe even a couta
-
The north bank by blue lagoon has proved to be a good spot for spinning, all sorts of species been caught off the beach from kob,kingies ,snoek, garrick and springer.
-
I have been to north bank and got many species there, Had a good time
-
North of durban. Ballito tidal pool. Umhlanga light house (weather depending)
-
There's some talk of Umgeni North bank.... please tell me... how do you get there?
-
:hehe: I can finally post here!
BD Island, off Inhassorro in Moz... Couta, Kingies, Prodigals, Tuna and Bonnies galore!
-
There's some talk of Umgeni North bank.... please tell me... how do you get there?
there are a couple ways.
1. you can park on south bank, paddle across. (not smooth but has been done)
2. you can park at end riverside road, walk under m4 bridge and through mangroves by ezemvelo. you cannot return through there, and must walk through the mangroves around the entrance to ezemvelo (theyll bust you if you walk through the reserve). so return on a low tide is required.
3. you can walk from north - anywhere from fairway/beachwood northwards (quite a long walk, not too safe alone) but good spots from there all the way down to the mouth.
-
Thanks Chris,
It is option 2 I am most interested in, I have tried to get there but ended up at a fence with a locked gate! :dunno:
This was at the end of a little dirt road under the bridge... Felt so dodgy I did a U-turn and gave up and went to the south bank.
Why would the reserve let you in one way and then you can't return the same way?