ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Kevinm40 on June 04, 2014, 11:41:30 AM
-
iron candy magic!
-
nice one kev :udman:
-
Nice fish well done.
-
Well done Kev! some details please - rod, reel, braid and lure if you don't mind? (clap)
-
Bwana, got this on my 11ft Assassin Amia, Stradic FJ500, Goosen 17lbs braid, bullet iron candy, can't go wrong with this kit, it's a perfect match.
-
Nice setup and a great result, well done.
-
Nice fish Kev! :win:
-
Awesome fish there Kev, also have the same setup with 25lb Gosen and Sustain 5000fg. Whats your casting distance with your set up? I've been battling to get over 90m with an iron candy no2 although Ive just had two outings so far and wind was strongish on both occasions.
-
Awesome fish there Kev, also have the same setup with 25lb Gosen and Sustain 5000fg. Whats your casting distance with your set up? I've been battling to get over 90m with an iron candy no2 although Ive just had two outings so far and wind was strongish on both occasions.
Wind play a major role and perfect timing is required for the longer casts. It all comes together on those windless mornings.
-
iron candy magic!
Brilliant Queen Mackerel - well done! It is still my dream catch from the shore - all rigged up to achieve my objective this coming autumn!
-
Great catch and well done Kev! - glad to see persistence and determination paying off...
-
Awesome fish Kevin, I'm using the same setup but not with Gosen braid.So far 1 Blacktip Kingie and one spectacular smash up by a GT (shad by the dozen). My preferred spoon is the original Toby by Abu. Need to spend more time at the water. 4 weeks at the cottage for shut down from the 19 Dec should produce some results.
-
Awesome fish Kevin, I'm using the same setup but not with Gosen braid.So far 1 Blacktip Kingie and one spectacular smash up by a GT (shad by the dozen). My preferred spoon is the original Toby by Abu. Need to spend more time at the water. 4 weeks at the cottage for shut down from the 19 Dec should produce some results.
I remember the photo of your blacktip kingie, it was a good fish! Those Abu Toby spoons have a wonderful action!
-
Thanks.
-
Awesome fish there Kev, also have the same setup with 25lb Gosen and Sustain 5000fg. Whats your casting distance with your set up? I've been battling to get over 90m with an iron candy no2 although Ive just had two outings so far and wind was strongish on both occasions.
Wind play a major role and perfect timing is required for the longer casts. It all comes together on those windless mornings.
thanks mans, weather does play a key role, anything above 8knts is a no go for me. you might want to step down on the braid, try goosen 17lbs, do get 120 - 140 distances, technique is also key to casting long range - 2/3 o'clock positions work well for me. keep at it, practice makes perfect.
-
Great catch and well done Kev! - glad to see persistence and determination paying off...
thanks man, you had to be there to believe this, they were boiling. I was struggling to cast from a neck injury and retrieving was painful. I just manage to twitch the lure as fast as I could and bobs your uncle...fish on dad. I could have got another but my neck eish!
awesome feeling, my persistence paid off here. can't wait for season to pick up again.
-
iron candy magic!
Brilliant Queen Mackerel - well done! It is still my dream catch from the shore - all rigged up to achieve my objective this coming autumn!
thanks man, I hope to get a few more, its been a bit quiet so far, but should pick up in the days to come. on thing is to pick a spot an fish it regular, you gather valuable intel.