ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: SAfish on May 22, 2014, 10:23:05 AM
-
Hi, my name is SAfish and I'm new to fly fishing. Watch this space. :hnthnt: :hehe:
-
Last weekend I bought a six pack Castle :beer: at Spar Tops liquor store and entered a competition to win a fly rod and reel combo. I got a call from the manager to inform me I won! It is a basic setup, Explorer 904-5/6wt rod with a 4/5wt reel, but I am going to play with it and will target small Leeries, Mullet and Grunter as well as Bass and Carp on my Brother's farm. :yipee:
-
Mooi man (clap)
You gonna have hours of fun !!!
-
:hehe: Thanks Kallie. I have so much to learn and don't even know which flies to get but luckily I have loads of info right here! :uarocks
-
Some TA will be in order here! Fly jacket, flies, tippets, leaders, line nippers, zinger, forceps, etc etc - ...then when you catch the bug, you going to want to upgrade to a more serious rod and reel and lines...more TA
Welcome to the club
-
Some TA will be in order here! Fly jacket, flies, tippets, leaders, line nippers, zinger, forceps, etc etc - ...then when you catch the bug, you going to want to upgrade to a more serious rod and reel and lines...more TA
Welcome to the club
This is what my wife is worried about. :hyst:
-
Lekker Hermann .
dis darm lekker om iets tewen .
Ek het vir jou n klomp FLies .
-
Nice Hermann, :tite and ask as many questions as you need to, a lot of knowledgeable folk on here :trout:
-
Lekker Hermann .
dis darm lekker om iets tewen .
Ek het vir jou n klomp FLies .
Lenny, ek het nooit gedink dit gaan gebeur nie en toe die ou vanoggend bel dog ek hy is een v d telesales mense en was so klein bietjie kortaf gewees. :blush:
Jy moet my sê wat jy soek vir die vliee.
Nice Hermann, :tite and ask as many questions as you need to, a lot of knowledgeable folk on here :trout:
Thanks WK, I certainly will. What I look forward to is to take the canoe and paddle to sand banks that the shore angling guys normally can't reach and fish from there.
-
Mooi man Hermann.
E.T is waiting for your rod order! :hnthnt:
-
Some TA will be in order here! Fly jacket, flies, tippets, leaders, line nippers, zinger, forceps, etc etc - ...then when you catch the bug, you going to want to upgrade to a more serious rod and reel and lines...more TA
Welcome to the club
This is what my wife is worried about. :hyst:
Check this out http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17551.0;topicseen (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17551.0;topicseen) :hnthnt:
-
Some TA will be in order here! Fly jacket, flies, tippets, leaders, line nippers, zinger, forceps, etc etc - ...then when you catch the bug, you going to want to upgrade to a more serious rod and reel and lines...more TA
Welcome to the club
This is what my wife is worried about. :hyst:
Check this out http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17551.0;topicseen (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=17551.0;topicseen) :hnthnt:
This is my outlook for the weekend :+