ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Fly tying => Topic started by: briansflyfishing on April 12, 2014, 05:55:52 AM

Title: Pink/Sand and mud prawn patterns for grunter
Post by: briansflyfishing on April 12, 2014, 05:55:52 AM
These are two flies that I tied for Grunter.
One represent mud prawns and the other a pink or sand prawn.
Title: Re: Pink/Sand and mud prawn patterns for grunter
Post by: PH on April 12, 2014, 06:15:11 AM
Very neatly done!
I have not done fly fishing at all, but always wonder how you guys ensure that the sinking flies always land right-side up in the water. :dunno: Or is it not important?
Title: Re: Pink/Sand and mud prawn patterns for grunter
Post by: gavin erwin on April 12, 2014, 11:33:30 AM
Those are great looking fly's!!! (clap)
Title: Re: Pink/Sand and mud prawn patterns for grunter
Post by: Herman Jooste on April 12, 2014, 12:48:26 PM
Brilliant flies.  (clap)

How about a SBS on one of them ?

I'm really impressed.
Title: Re: Pink/Sand and mud prawn patterns for grunter
Post by: jball7204 on April 14, 2014, 02:48:10 PM
Wow, nice tying. Had any luck yet?
Title: Re: Pink/Sand and mud prawn patterns for grunter
Post by: briansflyfishing on April 14, 2014, 05:41:31 PM
Very neatly done!
I have not done fly fishing at all, but always wonder how you guys ensure that the sinking flies always land right-side up in the water. :dunno: Or is it not important?


Yes it is important especially with prawn and crab immitations. The dumbell or bead chains tied on the bottom of the hook shank helps in this case..


I will work on a SBS and post in a while.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal