ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Fish-Hunter on February 02, 2014, 10:31:27 AM

Title: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: Fish-Hunter on February 02, 2014, 10:31:27 AM
Hi all


I been trying for Snoek for a few seasons now and today got one and
Dropped two. Everything condition wise was perfect,however I could
Have started spinning ealier than I did.


I am so chuffed even if it was not huge.
Title: Re: Re: Natal Snoek on lures
Post by: yakuza on February 02, 2014, 12:35:26 PM
Ahh thats so awesome!!!!!

Green with envy on this brilliant catch boet!!!
Title: Re: Re: Natal Snoek on lures
Post by: Shaun17 on February 02, 2014, 12:39:13 PM
Awesome catch FH, perseverence has paid off !!  :cgrts:
Title: Re: Re: Natal Snoek on lures
Post by: iNdlovu on February 02, 2014, 12:48:11 PM
Well done FH, nice catch.
Title: Re: Re: Natal Snoek on lures
Post by: Fish-Hunter on February 02, 2014, 02:33:02 PM
 :tkx:  guys!!
Title: Re: Re: Natal Snoek on lures
Post by: Wildcat 1 on February 02, 2014, 02:37:26 PM
Well done bud, hard work and perseverance always pays off!!   :cgrts:
Title: Re: Re: Natal Snoek on lures
Post by: wimpy on February 02, 2014, 05:44:58 PM
Well done Fish-Hunter.
I've been trying for ages and still have not gotten a snoek.
Where did you get it?
Maybe we can hook up next time you go?
Title: Re: Re: Natal Snoek on lures
Post by: Gregf on February 02, 2014, 05:49:25 PM
Well done nice fish  :+ cred:
Title: Re: Re: Natal Snoek on lures
Post by: Fish-Hunter on February 02, 2014, 05:57:54 PM
Hi Wimpy
I got it about 800m north of Winkel rocks,near Beach cabin. Next time I go I want to Umkomaas mouth north bank,they been getting them there on the kayaks in that dirty water.


I will have to just check the weather as the water must calm to allow them to come close in,alternatively Pipeline.
Title: Re: Re: Natal Snoek on lures
Post by: Happy Dog on February 02, 2014, 06:31:37 PM
Great catch.
Title: Re: Re: Natal Snoek on lures
Post by: Fish-Hunter on February 02, 2014, 06:59:06 PM
Thanks guys
Title: Re: Re: Natal Snoek on lures
Post by: j.s.smith on February 02, 2014, 07:21:20 PM
Natal snoek on spoons only one way 80cm onde ondas white or silver 20lb braid stradic 5000 or whu and 7' shimano trevalla.Up the trebbles on the ondas with one size bigger like owner size 2 set your dragg on the reel very light otherwise the hook will tear out use an extremely fast retrieve if you get a hit reel even faster if you hook one play it until its tired before you boat it otherwise the hook will pull or it will break your leader use 40lb siglon flouro as leader if you use anything heavyer than mentioned above you will not get a strike from natal snoek they are extremely fast predators.
Title: Re: Re: Natal Snoek on lures
Post by: REEFMAN on February 03, 2014, 10:25:11 AM
Nice fish F-H!  (clap)
Couta Candy green glow??

(http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4208.0;attach=115596;image)
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: Shivaan on February 03, 2014, 01:08:58 PM
 :cgrts:  nice one fish hunter!
Title: Re: Re: Natal Snoek on lures
Post by: Shivaan on February 03, 2014, 01:09:33 PM
Nice fish F-H!  (clap)
Couta Candy green glow??



Looks like a #2 couta casting green glow for sure
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: WalkersKiller on February 03, 2014, 01:21:19 PM
Beaut Kyle  :cgrts:
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: Prego on February 03, 2014, 01:26:26 PM
Congrats on your first snoek from the side  :envy

Nice garrick in your avatar too
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: Himal on February 03, 2014, 01:40:21 PM
Awesome stuff Fish Hunter, hope you are blessed with many more  w;k


I am busy kitting up to throw spoons and lures, how about some details on your outfit?


That looks like the new CID bullet spoon to me?  :dunno:
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: Shivaan on February 03, 2014, 03:31:30 PM
Awesome stuff Fish Hunter, hope you are blessed with many more  w;k


I am busy kitting up to throw spoons and lures, how about some details on your outfit?


That looks like the new CID bullet spoon to me?  :dunno:


CID Couta Casting Himal
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: Himal on February 03, 2014, 03:41:58 PM
Awesome stuff Fish Hunter, hope you are blessed with many more  w;k


I am busy kitting up to throw spoons and lures, how about some details on your outfit?


That looks like the new CID bullet spoon to me?  :dunno:


CID Couta Casting Himal


Cool thanks Shivaan
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: Shivaan on February 03, 2014, 03:50:33 PM
Awesome stuff Fish Hunter, hope you are blessed with many more  w;k


I am busy kitting up to throw spoons and lures, how about some details on your outfit?


That looks like the new CID bullet spoon to me?  :dunno:


CID Couta Casting Himal


Cool thanks Shivaan


Beeline to the tackle shop?  :hehe:
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: MZeee on February 03, 2014, 03:52:33 PM
Himal, That is a BUS shad of note in your avatar!!!




well done and congrats


tell us more about that catch? (clap)
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: Himal on February 03, 2014, 04:20:26 PM
Himal, That is a BUS shad of note in your avatar!!!




well done and congrats


tell us more about that catch? (clap)


Thanks Mzee


Got that a few years back while sliding macks for greys in Tongaat, its was +- 5Kg.


Got this 1 this past xmas with a carp rod, 20pd braid on a CID slimbait, 58cm
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: MZeee on February 03, 2014, 04:40:37 PM
good stuff :resp:


wana start spinning for snoek also, got the daiwa laguna rod and reel set from the kingfisher.


awesome set up. :rck"
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: gavin erwin on February 03, 2014, 05:32:31 PM
Fantastic catch Fish Hunter I think you have done what a lot of us were trying to do  :+ cred: 
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: Fish-Hunter on February 03, 2014, 10:09:11 PM
Thanx again guys


My gear is made up of my 11'6" Poseidon HMG Ultra light spinning
Rod paired with Sustain 5000 loaded with 33lb Gator braid.


I use a 40lb leader of 800mm long joined to a 150mm long piece of
Toothproof no.3 wire which carries a 27kg rated snap clip.


I caught that Snoek on a number 2 CID Iron candy green glow.I am
Able to cast this spoon in the region of 130m.
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: Fish-Hunter on February 04, 2014, 08:22:02 PM
Number 2 this afternoon!!
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: Shivaan on February 05, 2014, 06:00:39 AM
Now you are just showing off  :hehe:. Great catch there Fish-hunter. How was the lure retrieved?
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: Fish-Hunter on February 05, 2014, 06:51:47 AM
Fast retrieve but that one I got on an
S bend in the mid break.
Title: Re: Re: Natal Snoek on lures
Post by: Debbie on February 05, 2014, 08:14:57 AM
Hi Wimpy
I got it about 800m north of Winkel rocks,near Beach cabin. Next time I go I want to Umkomaas mouth north bank,they been getting them there on the kayaks in that dirty water.


I will have to just check the weather as the water must calm to allow them to come close in,alternatively Pipeline.

Well done !!! nice fish.

I heard that a group of twelve guys were robbed at gun point just north of the Umkomaas river month over the weekend, pls be careful.
Title: Re: Natal Snoek on lure
Post by: MZeee on February 05, 2014, 08:16:52 AM

well done fish hunter :happ:  isnt that a needle scale? :dunno:

Number 2 this afternoon!!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal