ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Fly tying => Topic started by: dodger on January 12, 2014, 08:44:20 AM

Title: Homies eyes and the crazy dodger flie
Post by: dodger on January 12, 2014, 08:44:20 AM
A while back Homie posted a thread on making plugs, in which he fitted blue plastic eyes. At one of the socials he generously gave me a small packet of these eyes, which you can  get at a bead shop. The eyes are drilled to fit onto a string for a necklace / bangle.

So faffing around in my workshop I wondered if an eye could be fitted onto a hook :dunno:

So I drilled an 8mm hole in a piece of wood that the eye could be positioned in and using a sharp wood chisel placed on the hole gave the chisel a gentle tap and the eye split along the hole.

Then it was a case of super gluing the eye onto a 2/0 hook, looks a bit like a crazy Charlie fly so calling it the crazy dodger.

One I just wrapped some silver thread over some red and whit ribbon which I will use for  :tgr:'s when I go to Jozini in a few weeks time.

I will dig out my fly feathers and play a bit more during the day

It is simple to do and the possibilities are I guess endless


SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal