ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: schloshd1 on September 02, 2010, 05:55:39 PM

Title: Eye Strain
Post by: schloshd1 on September 02, 2010, 05:55:39 PM
I picked up a box of size 24 hooks this morning, these are the first few flies that I've tied on them. After I tied the first one I dropped it on the floor and spent almost 5 minutes looking for it again. For comparison, the control caddis is a size 10 and the Zak is a size 14
Title: Re: Eye Strain
Post by: schloshd1 on September 02, 2010, 05:59:35 PM
with a size 14 Zak
Title: Re: Eye Strain
Post by: Ziggy on September 02, 2010, 06:32:01 PM
those tiny zaks with a strike indicator in the shallows of rivers in Rhodes in May caught me about 70 trout in 4 days (from 6-18inches)
Title: Re: Eye Strain
Post by: Capt. Hook on September 02, 2010, 07:02:46 PM
Your fly just reminded me of something funny that happened some time ago.

When I got home from work I would often tie a fly whilst mommy was making supper, and so I tied this fly which I then brought through to the lounge when dinner was ready to show mommy. Then we had dinner, watched TV and went to bed forgeting the fly on the coffee table.

Next morning when I went throught the lounge to get to the Verandah to have my morning puff, I saw this nunu on my coffee table and killed it with a fly swatter.

Afterwards I realised that I had squashed my nice fly flat.
Title: Re: Eye Strain
Post by: Rory on September 02, 2010, 08:37:05 PM
 :resp: Nice Andrew, hell 24 is tiny, like you say - eye strain!
Title: Re: Eye Strain
Post by: Poenskop on September 03, 2010, 09:05:21 AM
 (clap) Jo Andrew.

Those things are small. I will have to start tying my flies when I am sober. :hehe:
Title: Re: Eye Strain
Post by: schloshd1 on September 03, 2010, 09:23:46 AM
Ja, being sober helps  w;k, now I'm on a mission to find some of those Tiemco #32
Title: Re: Eye Strain
Post by: Rory on September 03, 2010, 09:35:04 AM
Ja, being sober helps  w;k, now I'm on a mission to find some of those Tiemco #32

32's!!! :craz: :craz:
Title: Re: Eye Strain
Post by: Capt. Hook on September 03, 2010, 10:10:36 AM
Ja, being sober helps  w;k, now I'm on a mission to find some of those Tiemco #32
Try Mark Yellands shop in Sandton, I got them there before
Title: Re: Eye Strain
Post by: schloshd1 on September 03, 2010, 11:02:37 AM
Try Mark Yellands shop in Sandton, I got them there before

cool, thanks. I think I'll stop in there tomorrow
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal