ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Royboy on December 04, 2013, 11:40:21 PM

Title: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: Royboy on December 04, 2013, 11:40:21 PM
Accidents happen unfortunately...... like today.

I have a Black Hole 8'0" Nano rod. This rod is a PROPER Popping rod !

Not sure if it was an accident, but there is a serious DENT in my Credit Card. Somehow, I arrived home with a Stella SW14000XG.

I am sleeping on the couch tonight - what should I do?

Sleep with the reel...... or Beg Forgiveness? :geet :geet :geet

Cheers, RB
Title: Re: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: LGF on December 04, 2013, 11:47:56 PM
what is the question? :shk  Sleep with the reel of cause!!!! :nobs:  Never never EVER show weakness, Stand firm and insist that  :udman:  and then if she kicks your B-hind out the house, then buy her a rod and reel too to make up :rotfl
Title: Re: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: Shivaan on December 05, 2013, 06:14:58 AM
Oh boy Royboy! :creep: clearly the Mrs feels left out because you didnt get one for her.  :hehe: Easy fix this one as LGf said... get her one also. Tis the season  :hehe:
Title: Re: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: Kumz on December 05, 2013, 06:58:45 AM
Roy , what has worked for me in the past was " I am just keeping this for a Friend "... LoL
Title: Re: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: Homie on December 05, 2013, 07:59:56 AM
Well.. when I die, my missus will let you all know to please come collect your tackle coz ive been keeping it for so long....

You lucky buggers !
:hehe:
Title: Re: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: Kumz on December 05, 2013, 08:17:11 AM
Well.. when I die, my missus will let you all know to please come collect your tackle coz ive been keeping it for so long....

You lucky buggers !
 :hehe:


 :tkx:   U too kind ....
Title: Re: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: ST(d) on December 05, 2013, 08:36:14 AM
You Gentle men are going about this the wrong way. With the Female type in the group, Always present her with the first Gift, I.E. in this case the exact same Setup as yours. This makes them feel important, Special and Loved. Then as she Peaks with Excitement, you present your out fit to her, She will most probably not even ask what the gifts cost due to still feeling as mentioned above. With all this done and you still sleeping in your bed, you are ready for the next step. She will most probably only fish with it once or twice a year, Meaning for the rest of the time you have a twin sister out fit. Perfect for rigging two different lures so that if the one is not working you can easily fall back on the other one.
Title: Re: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: Poenskop on December 05, 2013, 08:39:25 AM
You Gentle men are going about this the wrong way. With the Female type in the group, Always present her with the first Gift, I.E. in this case the exact same Setup as yours. This makes them feel important, Special and Loved. Then as she Peaks with Excitement, you present your out fit to her, She will most probably not even ask what the gifts cost due to still feeling as mentioned above. With all this done and you still sleeping in your bed, you are ready for the next step. She will most probably only fish with it once or twice a year, Meaning for the rest of the time you have a twin sister out fit. Perfect for rigging two different lures so that if the one is not working you can easily fall back on the other one.

 (clap) I can see you have put a lot of thought into this.  :win:
Title: Re: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: ST(d) on December 05, 2013, 08:43:43 AM
You Gentle men are going about this the wrong way. With the Female type in the group, Always present her with the first Gift, I.E. in this case the exact same Setup as yours. This makes them feel important, Special and Loved. Then as she Peaks with Excitement, you present your out fit to her, She will most probably not even ask what the gifts cost due to still feeling as mentioned above. With all this done and you still sleeping in your bed, you are ready for the next step. She will most probably only fish with it once or twice a year, Meaning for the rest of the time you have a twin sister out fit. Perfect for rigging two different lures so that if the one is not working you can easily fall back on the other one.

 (clap) I can see you have put a lot of thought into this.  :win:
Not thought, Practice, Trail and Error.
Title: Re: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: ST(d) on December 05, 2013, 08:46:16 AM
You Gentle men are going about this the wrong way. With the Female type in the group, Always present her with the first Gift, I.E. in this case the exact same Setup as yours. This makes them feel important, Special and Loved. Then as she Peaks with Excitement, you present your out fit to her, She will most probably not even ask what the gifts cost due to still feeling as mentioned above. With all this done and you still sleeping in your bed, you are ready for the next step. She will most probably only fish with it once or twice a year, Meaning for the rest of the time you have a twin sister out fit. Perfect for rigging two different lures so that if the one is not working you can easily fall back on the other one.

 (clap) I can see you have put a lot of thought into this.  :win:
Not thought, Practice, Trail and Error.
Oh Shoot, Guppi is also on this forum, SUPER GLORIOUS ADMIN, PLease blind this thread from Guppi... Or I will never own new tackle again.  (bat :hyst: :hehe: :cry:
Title: Re: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: lebaka on December 05, 2013, 08:50:13 AM
 :envy :cg:
Title: Re: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: Prego on December 05, 2013, 09:31:34 AM
Man that new model 14k sure is a thing of beauty but it will have to wait as I have just recently fallen :blush: for a 10k and 20k albeit the older models.

There is just something special about STELLA  w;k
Title: Re: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: Royboy on December 05, 2013, 10:18:48 AM
LOL - Thank Goodness I'm not the only one!!!!

It makes more sense to spend the money wisely - on a lovely Stella, rather than waste it on e-Tolls and the such like.

PS - the sofa was very comfy, but I think I am now forgiven! YooooHooo!!!  :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Cheers - RB

Title: Re: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: tkei on December 05, 2013, 01:22:53 PM
Accidents happen unfortunately...... like today.

I am sleeping on the couch tonight - what should I do?

Sleep with the reel...... or Beg Forgiveness? :geet :geet :geet

Cheers, RB

What Roy, you will be in more trouble now  for calling Linda a couch, on a public forum nogal.

Nice toy that. The trick is to make sure your SMS's for purchases NEVER got to her phone. (I have made this mistake, its not good).
All purchases should be made at least a month before it can ever be seen, hiding it in a dark damp smelly corner with last years bairt is a good idea and its unlikely to be found.
The unveil it in an arb way, like cleaning it etc, not showing too much love and care for it, and then when asked, you can say, oh this thing is old, had it for ages (remember "ages" is dependent on your viewpoint. Do not get caught putting line on the brand new reel, this is a dead give away.

Title: Re: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: Tommo on December 05, 2013, 05:50:57 PM
Eish Roy, the fish must be getting very nervous out there.... What an awesome new combo you have! I am sure you are going to get many, many hours of pleasure fishing with it. It only hurts once when you buy good tackle, buddy, after that it is plain sailing!
Title: Re: Accidental Acquisition?
Post by: Royboy on December 05, 2013, 06:09:11 PM
Thanks Tommo!

It will only be used in anger in February (BIG NZ Yellowtail at the Three Kings Islands)....... but sometimes we just can't help ourselves - early Christmas prezzie from me to me!! LOL!

You must have  an awesome trip to Cahora Bassa - go sort those Tigers PROPERLY mate!  :rck" :rck" :rck"

Cheers, RB
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal