ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Gerhard on November 28, 2013, 04:23:11 AM

Title: Maria Duplex Lures
Post by: Gerhard on November 28, 2013, 04:23:11 AM
Who has used these before?


I have had good experiences with Maria Spoons in the past.


Bwana told me about these just a pity they do not come in 1.5Oz in order for me to get the distance needed...


They will be fishy magnets here.
Title: Re: Maria Duplex Lures
Post by: Bwana on November 28, 2013, 08:18:58 AM
Gerhard these are deadly lures, I've caught shad, natal snoek, tuna and big bonnies on them off the boat. I reckon the 31g (80mm) will still cast a mile with your amia on 20lb braid. I don't see a queenie or couta leaving this lure alone, plus they sink so you can work various depths as well. I've had great success with the BHP colour. Here's a chart of colours:

Title: Re: Maria Duplex Lures
Post by: GT Mayhem on November 28, 2013, 08:20:47 AM
just bought 1 recently but didnt get a chance to use it on my last trip.
i LOVE maria lures, they are HUGELY effective., especially the spoons.
ihave a collection of viva parades and mucho lucir spoons. not to mention the LOADED stickbaits.
awesome stuff, im sure those duplexs are just as good
Title: Re: Maria Duplex Lures
Post by: Gerhard on November 28, 2013, 08:22:51 AM
Gerhard these are deadly lures, I've caught shad, natal snoek, tuna and big bonnies on them off the boat. I reckon the 31g (80mm) will still cast a mile with your amia on 20lb braid. I don't see a queenie or couta leaving this lure alone, plus they sink so you can work various depths as well. I've had great success with the BHP colour. Here's a chart of colours:


Thanks,


Will have to get a couple in Jan next year,
Title: Re: Maria Duplex Lures
Post by: dugong on November 28, 2013, 08:48:13 AM
At the Kingfisher sale they had a pile of them at half price!!
Title: Re: Maria Duplex Lures
Post by: super_daav on November 28, 2013, 08:52:26 AM
Gerhard, they're superb lures! Great action and they cast a mile! Maria have created a winner here for sure.
Title: Re: Maria Duplex Lures
Post by: Gerhard on November 28, 2013, 08:53:58 AM
Sounds better and better...


Thanks for the feedback.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal