ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Gerhard on November 16, 2013, 06:38:12 AM

Title: Halco Skim Stick
Post by: Gerhard on November 16, 2013, 06:38:12 AM
Guys,


Have you seen this lure in SA?

(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/4f0f5a871cca42500dd36009ddbae39f_zpsa213c6c6.jpg)


http://www.halcotackle.com/lures/64/skip-stick-185 (http://www.halcotackle.com/lures/64/skip-stick-185)


This will be a killer on the Queen Fish here in Saudi...
Title: Re: Halco Skim Stick
Post by: dodger on November 16, 2013, 06:44:11 AM
they have them in Kings in Durbs, had an attack of TA and bought some, Richard is probably using them this weekend
Title: Re: Halco Skim Stick
Post by: Shaun17 on November 16, 2013, 06:53:38 AM
Yip, got a few myself. Both FFF and I saw the size tuna landed (20kg+) on that exact colour skim stick off protea last month.We didn't have any luck on it unfortunately...
 
I've ordered a number of those Decoy inline singles from Jigstar and now replacing the trebles on my rappies and halcos...
Title: Re: Halco Skim Stick
Post by: Gerhard on November 16, 2013, 07:07:43 AM
Great,


I will have to order a couple to be ready for collection in Mid Jan when I go home for a couple of weeks.


There are tons of Garfish skimming around the surface here.


If the GTi gets hammered then this lure will be even more because it floats I will be able to create diffrent action on the surface that might get me strikes by CUTA.


Dorado will also hammer this lure...
Title: Re: Halco Skim Stick
Post by: fishcrazy on November 16, 2013, 11:25:39 AM
Yes this lure is on our shelves. Mark de la Hey, on the TV show Freespool caught good Tuna with this Halco stick bait. Markus Potgieter reported plenty good fish caught on this amazing new lure. Going to Tanzania soon and will put them to the test.
Title: Re: Halco Skim Stick
Post by: RobinF on November 17, 2013, 11:54:14 AM
Like the looks of that.
Title: Re: Halco Skim Stick
Post by: andrewpalang on November 17, 2013, 12:36:15 PM
Hi Guys. I bought some to bring up to the Quirimbas where I work. Have had no luck on them so far. If pulled quickly they do look like a gar but there is very little other action. Maybe you guys will have a bit more success. I have only tried them while out throwing for big Geets so maybe with a lighter action rod it will be better.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal