ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: carll on November 09, 2013, 12:02:25 AM

Title: Halco Spoons
Post by: carll on November 09, 2013, 12:02:25 AM
Hi Guys

I have been looking around in the tackle shops today and saw these spoons from Halco. They look amazing for spinning.

Has anyone use them ?
Title: Re: Halco Spoons
Post by: Ziggy on November 09, 2013, 09:06:02 AM
they are great spoons - I use the smallest ones I can find on very light tackle for small shad and kingies off the surf (in between the rocks).


I have also caught many little kingies with them in Durban harbour.  Also lots of sand gurnard when retrieving slowly on the bottom
Title: Re: Halco Spoons
Post by: Cam Mundy on November 09, 2013, 05:31:22 PM
the halco twisty is amazing ive had plenty fish out on them they are a staple in the charter box! the other guy is also good on a fasr retrieve leaves a nice bubble trail
Title: Re: Halco Spoons
Post by: Lenny on November 11, 2013, 07:04:55 AM
I cant comment on the popularity here , but in Austrailia the above mentioned are huge , could be that its just more affordable for most other slices ....
Title: Re: Halco Spoons
Post by: WalkersKiller on November 11, 2013, 07:51:38 AM
Halco Twisty chrome spoon is the best spoon I have ever used I love it have caught many species on it, I normally use the 10 or 15 gram, all fish seem to love them!
Title: Re: Halco Spoons
Post by: super_daav on November 12, 2013, 08:18:29 AM
The spoons are awesome! The twisty is a staple in my box and has caught loads of fish!
Title: Re: Halco Spoons
Post by: Roachy on November 12, 2013, 08:37:42 AM
I have the bottom one, the hole through the middle was strange to me at first but it does swim nicely.
Title: Re: Halco Spoons
Post by: devesh.r on November 17, 2013, 01:09:37 AM
Hi guys which one is the twisty.
Title: Re: Halco Spoons
Post by: isivuba on November 17, 2013, 06:50:08 AM
the top one is a twisty hope the pic helps.
Title: Re: Halco Spoons
Post by: RobinF on November 17, 2013, 11:50:58 AM
Awesome looking spoons.
Title: Re: Halco Spoons
Post by: Lofty on November 17, 2013, 03:23:01 PM
I've had both of those for a long time but never really used them much... :cnfzd will definately use them from now on... :blush: w;k
Title: Re: Halco Spoons
Post by: REEFMAN on November 17, 2013, 08:16:55 PM
My got-to Spoon for years now. Twisty's are great! Must have in any bag along with the proper Abu Toby Spoons.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal