ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Trout fishing => Topic started by: krissi on October 29, 2013, 07:45:47 AM
-
My friend's son, Rhett, caught this monster brown at a local dam - any guesses on the weight?
-
A beast!! My totally uneducated guess: :blush: 4.8 kg?
Well done to Rhett!
-
My friend's son, Rhett, caught this monster brown at a local dam - any guesses on the weight?
(clap) Awesome Brown. 4.5 - 5.5kg
-
Well done Rhett, awesome fish
-
thats and 11 pounder...
probablly 74cm??
cracker fish!!!!!
-
Wow 6kg that is a monster :cgrts: to the angler
-
what a fish!! 12-13lb im guessing
what was it caught on?
-
what a fish!! 12-13lb im guessing
what was it caught on?
I don't know - I only got the photo last night - I will try and find out what the fly and weight is.
-
Hi Krissi do not give the weight let us run a comp on this one I will sponsor a reel but will only be able to give you the info for the reel tomorrow so hang on.
-
Beautiful fish.
I guess it to be around 16lb?
-
Hi Krissi do not give the weight let us run a comp on this one I will sponsor a reel but will only be able to give you the info for the reel tomorrow so hang on.
Wow that's awesome Willie. I have the weight but the fly/location is a secret - guess every angler is entitled to some secrets :hnthnt:
-
Thats a dream fish all right! Well done that man!
-
Hi Krissi do not give the weight let us run a comp on this one I will sponsor a reel but will only be able to give you the info for the reel tomorrow so hang on.
Willie... :udman: :+ cred:
-
That's a Nice fish man!! Guestimate 4.5kg/5kg (clap)
-
My friend's son, Rhett, caught this monster brown at a local dam - any guesses on the weight?
Hey Krissi, what waters was the catch made on??? Beautiful brown
-
What a beauty - and healthy as well!!
Well done Rhett!!
Willie :udman: :+ cred:
-
Insane Photoshop Skills :vio
-
Ill say 3,8kg, beautiful Brown
-
most probably 5.7 Kg
-
5,4Kg would be my guess. Wow that coming out of a South African dam is amazing. Serious achievement. I take my cap off to that angler.
-
(clap) (clap) beautiful fish
Im going to hazard a guess of 4.1kg
-
I would say 11 Pounds Photos can be very misleading, as the hands are big the fish is close to the lens that makes references a bit difficult, as every pic these days are taken this way we should be use to it by now... 68cm?
-
you must be kidding me Krissi...is this for real??
-
you must be kidding me Krissi...is this for real??
Yip :rotfl I know the angler very well.
-
Thanks for posting that Krissi. (clap)
That is a monster of a fish, :shk irrespective of how the pic was taken.
After careful consideration my weight estimate is 6.5 kg or 14lbs 4 ounces. w;k
-
@Krissi
Who was right then?
-
@Krissi
Who was right then?
I can't say yet - the guess the weight comp is still running - closes noon tomorrow :hnthnt:
-
Thanks
Think you should allow the winner to get the GPS coordinates :hnthnt:
-
Sjoe that's a great fish! Think slightly over 4.5kgs? Would love to know the fly pattern used?