ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: RobinF on October 28, 2013, 09:16:30 AM
-
Hey Guys, I am trying to change all our lures to single hooks. The only problem is that many of the lures are 4" and 5" lures and the split rings are TINY. I need a 'micro' split ring tool. Does anyone have a suggestion of who to try in Cape Town that would stock this? I have tried Tuckers and they don't have one small enough.
-
Basil Manning in Durban stock a Halco split ring pliers that should do the job. Find out who stocks Halco products in CT & check if they have the pliers.
-
Thanks Craig.
-
The Rapala split ring pliers are also great for small rings.
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/lures/pliers.jpg)
-
Got a small one , Rovex .
Think it was Somerset Sports or FS.
-
Thanks Guys, yeah it needs to be tiny. A lot of the lures are StrikePro, and they use really small split rings.
-
I bought an el cheapo - and then ground the top jaw to a thinner point to fit into the small split rings - left the bottom jaw the same (using the orientation in Reefs pic
-
If I can't get one small enough, then I'll do what you did Ziggy, thanks.
-
I bought an el cheapo - and then ground the top jaw to a thinner point to fit into the small split rings - left the bottom jaw the same (using the orientation in Reefs pic
:rotfl Ziggy best to buy the el cheapos at the rate you are losing your stuff!!
-
I bought an el cheapo - and then ground the top jaw to a thinner point to fit into the small split rings - left the bottom jaw the same (using the orientation in Reefs pic
:rotfl Ziggy best to buy the el cheapos at the rate you are losing your stuff!!
Ja! Ja!
-
I bought an el cheapo - and then ground the top jaw to a thinner point to fit into the small split rings - left the bottom jaw the same (using the orientation in Reefs pic
like this - and you can obviously grind it smaller - but this works fine for me and small rings
-
Thanks Ziggy