ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Gerhard on October 14, 2013, 04:17:48 PM

Title: Old reliable
Post by: Gerhard on October 14, 2013, 04:17:48 PM
With The Eihd holidays  i have 5 days off to realy fish.


Started off this morning at 1st light with the GT Ice cream. Had a couple of chases and one bump but no connections.


Changed the plug for a stick bait and after some hard work got a nasty barra to bite.


Decided as the sun is up to go to old faith full...


The white Spro Buck Tail 2oz jigg got a chance to go and do magic.


The White Buck Tail Jigg is my GO To lure...


A couple of casts and I got hit. The fish took a bit of line but did not fight like a queen.


Thought it was another barra...


On the rocks it turns out not to be...




(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/96c65fe90e6391f8eb2995a7888f1014_zps04b79a22.jpg)


Any I am able to tick another mark on the fishing bucket list...


Cuta took the buck tail on the next cast. Sliced through the 50lbs leader so fast I did not even feel the hit...


A bit later the buck tail got another hit!!


And this time another new species!!




(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/e378a09a41db98d5a8d7d8339893cc20_zpsc916c196.jpg)


Yellow spotted Travelly swallowed the buck tail....


(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/Fishing/937035767d273019790d78057c234d01_zpsd8c76fd9.jpg)


Also a bit later a queen fish decided the white buck tail jigg looks like a good snack as well...


Awesome morning on the rocks...

Title: Re: Old reliable
Post by: isivuba on October 14, 2013, 04:24:32 PM
 :happ: Once again Gerhard really awesome fish  :rck" :envy
Title: Re: Old reliable
Post by: Rory mundy on October 14, 2013, 04:25:37 PM
very cool
Title: Re: Old reliable
Post by: Prego on October 14, 2013, 04:28:34 PM
Well done, you getting some great species ticked off your list from the side.

If I may ask, how are you fishing the bucktail, fast retrieve on the surface or slow bumping retrieve lower??
Title: Re: Old reliable
Post by: Gerhard on October 14, 2013, 04:32:06 PM
Well done, you getting some great species ticked off your list from the side.

If I may ask, how are you fishing the bucktail, fast retrieve on the surface or slow bumping retrieve lower??
Thanks,


I do a kind of walk the dog action with the bucktail.


You need to play with the speed of the retrieve as well as the depth to find the fish.
Title: Re: Old reliable
Post by: RobinF on October 14, 2013, 04:38:11 PM
 :cgrts: Gerhard!
Title: Re: Old reliable
Post by: Kumz on October 14, 2013, 04:38:59 PM
Fantastic ,  :cgrts:
Title: Re: Old reliable
Post by: Willie on October 14, 2013, 06:16:53 PM
Great stuff Gerhard  (clap)
Title: Re: Old reliable
Post by: REEFMAN on October 14, 2013, 06:26:00 PM
Listen now... this is bloomin' nonsense! You went to the Middle East to work, and all I see is you catching fish!!  <:

Epic stuff Gerhard! You must be super stoked!  (clap)
Title: Re: Old reliable
Post by: Gerhard on October 14, 2013, 06:34:05 PM
Listen now... this is bloomin' nonsense! You went to the Middle East to work, and all I see is you catching fish!!  <:

Epic stuff Gerhard! You must be super stoked!  (clap)


Thanks Boss,


Just tied new shock leader and will be back on the rocks at 5:00 in the morning... :happ:
Title: Re: Old reliable
Post by: gavin erwin on October 14, 2013, 07:40:13 PM
Great fish Gerhard  :resp:
Title: Re: Old reliable
Post by: Toppie on October 14, 2013, 07:42:00 PM
Nice Gerhard, you are very fortunate.  :Like:
Title: Re: Old reliable
Post by: Gerhard on October 15, 2013, 02:28:13 AM
Nice Gerhard, you are very fortunate.  :Like:


Thanks,


Remeber that I had to give up a lot of things in South Africa to be here.


I am working in the desert 80km from the nearest town of fishing spot.


Woring 6 days a week 12 hours a day so need to make the most of my off times. This will be the last public holidays for the year and when th guys in SA goes on holiday inDecember in am grafting flat out.


I am very fortunate to have a spot available thats so productive and I am enjoying every cast after not fishing the big blue for more than 3 years...


Keep watching for updates...
Title: Re: Old reliable
Post by: Prego on October 15, 2013, 09:35:06 AM
Well done, you getting some great species ticked off your list from the side.

If I may ask, how are you fishing the bucktail, fast retrieve on the surface or slow bumping retrieve lower??
Thanks,


I do a kind of walk the dog action with the bucktail.


You need to play with the speed of the retrieve as well as the depth to find the fish.

Gotcha  :tkx:
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal