ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Fly tying => Topic started by: Ziggy on October 09, 2013, 09:31:58 AM

Title: another china town nymph
Post by: Ziggy on October 09, 2013, 09:31:58 AM
this time I added some sparkle dubbing (not from the china shop)


I really like the way that that stretch elastic makes a ribbed body - here I used two strands for the body, green and black. Underneath I used olive pearl flashabou wrapped on the body - the photo does not show it, but the body has an iridescent shine under the stretch elastic.


I am just trying out some techniques using that stretch elastic...great stuff at R2 per meter! Comapred to the fly tying shop at much much more
Title: Re: another china town nymph
Post by: icstuff on October 09, 2013, 09:46:29 AM
I like this fly for some reason...  (clap)
Title: Re: another china town nymph
Post by: Ziggy on October 09, 2013, 10:38:47 AM
a variant of the above - longer shank and legs with a flashback. should have made the dubbig a bit fatter
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal