ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Fly tying => Topic started by: Ziggy on October 08, 2013, 07:04:06 PM

Title: china town nymph
Post by: Ziggy on October 08, 2013, 07:04:06 PM
today I went shopping (eina! give me a tackle shop anyday) with my wife and we stepped into a chinese shop...and I found a whole lot of good, cheap materials that can be used for fly tying


so, I decided to make a fly using only what I got in the shop (besides the thread and hook)


I doubt whether this will catch a trout!


Interesting materials: a range of colours of stretch elastic (can be used for ribbing as in this fly) some strangely coloured marabou, imitation guinea fowl feathers in many colours, dyed ostrich feathers in many colours (mainly herls), lots of beads etc



Title: Re: china town nymph
Post by: Herman Jooste on October 08, 2013, 08:55:10 PM
today I went shopping (eina! give me a tackle shop anyday) with my wife and we stepped into a chinese shop...and I found a whole lot of good, cheap materials that can be used for fly tying


so, I decided to make a fly using only what I got in the shop (besides the thread and hook)


I doubt whether this will catch a trout!


Interesting materials: a range of colours of stretch elastic (can be used for ribbing as in this fly) some strangely coloured marabou, imitation guinea fowl feathers in many colours, dyed ostrich feathers in many colours (mainly herls), lots of beads etc

 
Eeishh Ziggy, that is one BLING fly. :clwn
 
I'm willing to bet that in difficult conditions it will get you Troot, SM yellows AND some Cape Moonies at Toti. :hehe: :hehe:
 
Haberdashers are also a brilliant source for cheap materials. Especially different weights and colours of wire for ribbing and body materials.
 
Plus you also get to ask all the lady shoppers for directions and advise on the best goods that you need. w;k :hehe:
Title: Re: china town nymph
Post by: isivuba on October 08, 2013, 08:57:31 PM
Ziggy all I can say is  (clap) .
Title: Re: china town nymph
Post by: Lichia amia on October 09, 2013, 07:59:02 AM
Nice Fly old Chap  (clap)
Title: Re: china town nymph
Post by: Debbie on October 09, 2013, 09:20:06 AM
Wow .........  (clap) (clap)
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal