ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: stephan.chambers on October 08, 2013, 12:24:55 PM

Title: Some action in Dullies this week-end
Post by: stephan.chambers on October 08, 2013, 12:24:55 PM
This week-end I got lucky with this fish in Dullies - caught her on a black wooly bugger - used sinking line as they were deep and not rising. Saturday morning at about 10h00 and had a great fight - about 10 minutes. Was just praying my knots held as I had a bit of a hangover from night before with the boys. It was great seeing her surface; jumping and trying to throw the fly.. and it was then that I realised she was quite big. She made some great runs and the reel screamed heavily to my delight - with adrenalin pumping I managed to keep calm and land her safely. What a Great fish - also safely released...
Title: Re: Some action in Dullies this week-end
Post by: REEFMAN on October 08, 2013, 05:00:01 PM
Beautiful fish Stephan!  (clap)
Title: Re: Some action in Dullies this week-end
Post by: Lichia amia on October 08, 2013, 05:16:39 PM
Nice catch  (clap)
Title: Re: Some action in Dullies this week-end
Post by: Kumz on October 08, 2013, 06:38:47 PM
Super catch. Congrats
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal