ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: pieta on September 24, 2013, 11:33:24 AM

Title: backing
Post by: pieta on September 24, 2013, 11:33:24 AM
A friend of mine asked me yesterday where he can find backing in 100m spools. Seems that they only stock 20m spools in town. He was talking about 20lb backing. Do you get it in 100m spools and where can we find it?

Title: Re: backing
Post by: Rory on September 25, 2013, 07:36:44 AM
Pieta that backing is dacron. Very generally speaking on freshwater flyreels, 50m of backing is about the norm. If you can't find 20lb branded as backing, normal 20lb dacron will do the trick.
Title: Re: backing
Post by: pieta on September 25, 2013, 05:42:22 PM
Hi Rory. Thanks for the info. I did some fly fishing as a youngster. Always heard people talk aboute backing but never took any notice on it. I used normal mono on my reel and never realy needed it. Use to catch bass and small yellows but dropped the fly fishing about 18 years ago. I am already doing rock and surf, fresh water pap gooi, bass and some soult water lure fishing. Don't think my wife will be very happy if I star flying again. Thanks again.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal