ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: Herman Jooste on September 11, 2013, 12:58:35 PM
-
:rck" Hi all. It's 5 weeks to go to the festival. :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:
Can't wait. :rck"
Anyone else from the site going ? :dunno:
-
11/2 sleeps left. :happ: The fly box is full, the big black box ready, only the beer and strafdops to be bought. w;k
Bryan and Dion arrive tomorrow pm, then it's braai and talk Christiana.
We plan to leave at around 2:30 am Thursday, and be on the water by 07:00 for our unofficial practise day. :clwn
I will post a full report back, with pics sometime next week, once my liver and hands become stable. :blush:
-
Enjoy Herman
Hope the river gods are kind to you .
-
Sorry you lost that fly box!
-
No reports ????
Theres a Strafdop somewhere in this.....
-
No reports ????
Theres a Strafdop somewhere in this.....
Eeeeiiisssshhh, I know it's overdue but here is a brief report.
After leaving at 02:30, Bryan, Dion and I arrived at Nkolo at 06:00, full of anticipation and vis koors. Little did we know how "off" and difficult the fishing was going to be for the whole festival.
It was almost as if the fish were still in winter mode, being in waist deep water and very shy to take the fly. My first 2 sessions I blanked, as did quite a lot of others. The fishing seemed to pick up a bit on the Saturday though.
The best yellow of the festival was a 3.2 kg beauty, caught by Christiana resident Christo.
(http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?action-media;sa=media;in=1832;)
Dion in battle, with Sam also "on" behind me.
(http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?action-media;sa=media;in=1834)
The "result" of the "double up" :hehe: :hehe: . What makes you think the fishing was slow :dunno:
(http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?action-media;sa=media;in=1833)
Nick's action man stance, :crzy
(http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?action-media;sa=media;in=1835)
John Gavin, Barbel king and Johan at dinner.
(http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?action-media;sa=media;in=1836)
On the way back on Sunday we stopped at Oord Nebo for about an hours fishing. I finally managed to get 3 yellows , all over 2kg, in half an hour, form the same spot with the same #16 peacock herl nymph.
More pics can be found at : http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?12007-3-Provinces-Festival-Christiana/page7 (http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showthread.php?12007-3-Provinces-Festival-Christiana/page7).
-
Damn, damn, and damn, I'm having the same problem AGAIN posting the pics <: <: <: