ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => REEL TECH, SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE => Topic started by: REEFMAN on August 26, 2010, 05:42:57 PM

Title: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on August 26, 2010, 05:42:57 PM
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%201.jpg)
 
Here follows an updated comprehensive Photo tutorial on how to Service a Daiwa Saltist 50H.
This tutorial can be used on the Saltist 30 and Saltist 40 as well - the reels are very similar.


PIMP MY SALTIST


There are a few recommended changes that can be made to the standard reel, which will make a good reel into an awesome machine:

  


Bearing sizes for the Saltist range:

Cast control bearing 3x8x4
Drive shaft bearing 7x14x3.5
Top drive shaft bearing 8x14x4
LHS Spool bearing 4x11x4
RHS Spool bearing 8x14x4


This tutorial goes through a comprehensive Daiwa Saltist service - this is not always necessary, a much more basic service leaves out taking the side plates apart.


Notes on maintenance:

Once disassembled, all parts can be placed into a bath of Benzine, which dissolves all old grease and oil. Parts can be scrubbed with a toothbrush and then thoroughly dried on Roller towel.

Generally, all moving parts should be liberally greased and bearings should be oiled.
Surecatch/Cal's grease/Kingfisher Red are all good greases.
Good oils to use are Penn lube, Daiwa Reel oil, Shimano reel Oil, ReelX and concoctions of fully synthetic lubes. Personally, I mix Mobil 1 Motor oil with Rocket fuel - giving a nice balance of viscosity and protection.

So let's go...!

Please make sure you have a diagram of the schematics on hand... this always helps!


(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%202.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%203.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%204.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%205.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%206.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%207.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%208.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%209.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2010.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2011.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2012.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2013.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2013b.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2014.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2015.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2016.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2017.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2018.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2019.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2020.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2021.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2022.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2023.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2024.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2025.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2026.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2027.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2028.jpg)
 
Now we go to the inside of the RHSide plate
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2029.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2030.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2031.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2032.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2033.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2034.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2035.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2036.jpg)
 
What we have so far...
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2037.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2038.jpg)
 
Now to the LHSide plate
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2039.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2040.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2041.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2042.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2043.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2045.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2046.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2047.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2048.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2049.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2050.jpg)
 
 
Now we put piece by piece into a Benzine tub and thoroughly scrub and clean.
Then we start with re-assembly...
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2051.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2052.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2053.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2054.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2055.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2056.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2057.jpg)
 
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2058.jpg)
 
 
Onto the body of the reel...
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2059.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2060.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2061.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2062.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2063.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2064.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2065.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2065b.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2066.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2067.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2067b.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2068.jpg)
 
Now we discard our old Carbon fibre Drag washers and replace them with the Carbontex Washers obtainable from Smoothdrag.com
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2069.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2070.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2071.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2072.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2073.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2074.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2075.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2076.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2077.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2078.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2079.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2080.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2081.jpg)
 
Now we move onto the re-assembly of the LHSide plate
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2082.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2083.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2084.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2085.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2086.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2087.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2088.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2089.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2090.jpg)
 
 
Now onto the Spool
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2091.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2092.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2093.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2095.jpg)
 
(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2096.jpg)
 
Hope this helps someone out there...

SCHEMATICS BELOW:

 
 
 
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on August 26, 2010, 08:23:54 PM
Now a bit of info on the refurbishing of the Reel...

The Saltist has a Plastic coating covering the side plates, which are made of Aluminium, and so is the frame. This coating can become pretty scrappy after a few years...

To take it off, the best way I found was through good old elbow grease with 800 grit Waterpaper. A Sandblaster apparently works quite well, but is not always available. Once the paint is removed down to pure metal, one can use 1200-1400 grit Waterpaper to further smooth out the scratches. From there, it's a few felt and rubber tip Dremmel tips (electric hobbyist drill handpiece) to do some polishing and shining.

Silvo, the Silver Jewellery cleaner also worked pretty well too - gives a nice shine.
I engraved my name in with a dental handpiece and coloured the writing with khoki pen.

After that I sprayed the reel with 5 coats of Rustoleum Clear Gloss spraypaint (Hardware store)... bling bling!


(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2095.jpg)
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on August 26, 2010, 08:27:48 PM
Then we decided to bling the handle. Got a Power handle from Reelcomfort.com... sprayed it blue and red...

Had to drill the old handle off and make a larger hole in the handle for it to fit. The Power handle fits nicely into the palm of your hand, beats the old handle hands down ('scuse the pun!)...!
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: John F on August 27, 2010, 08:08:24 AM
And Reefman does it again!!!!
 (clap)
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: super_daav on August 27, 2010, 08:37:34 AM
Awesome post there!!! What happens when you are left 2 tiny pieces!?!  :hehe:

Have some cred...
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: BigG on August 27, 2010, 02:07:08 PM
Clearly you have to much time on your hands my firend

Great tutorial

So when can i send my saltist to you for the upgrades????????
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on August 27, 2010, 02:26:42 PM
Get the parts and I'll do it for you no probs!
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: BigG on August 27, 2010, 03:05:25 PM
Get the parts and I'll do it for you no probs!

Cheers !!

Let me get hold of Boca bearings
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Tsutsuma on August 27, 2010, 03:17:32 PM
Cheers !!

Let me get hold of Boca bearings
BigG
I would like to do the same with my Saltist 50H
Can you keep me informed and might you consider getting a set for me as well??
I can transfer the money to you asap
Let me know please
Thanks
Carlos
}<(((*>
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: BigG on August 27, 2010, 03:29:46 PM
I will do sir, I see Boca is an international company, so will have to order from overseas and ship it

One of my suppliers is in the states so i will see if i can place order and consolidate with one of my shipments

Will keep you up to speed
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: BigG on August 27, 2010, 03:32:04 PM
I'll probably order a few in case some other members wish to do an upgrade as well

Reefman, you see what you have started now !!

Don't post anymore lekker ideas, it costs money mate
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: maasbanker on August 28, 2010, 07:06:12 AM
 :uarocks :resp:  ONLY on Ultimate Angling !! WOW ! Awsome post once again Reefman !!
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on August 28, 2010, 12:51:06 PM
Shot guys... hope it helps someone!

I hav contacted the guy who supplies the Boca Bearings (Abec 5's) - just waiting for him to get back to me then we'll be able to get some orders in!
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Rory on August 28, 2010, 01:26:38 PM
Shot guys... hope it helps someone!

I hav contacted the guy who supplies the Boca Bearings (Abec 5's) - just waiting for him to get back to me then we'll be able to get some orders in!

I'll probably order a few in case some other members wish to do an upgrade as well

Reefman, you see what you have started now !!

Don't post anymore lekker ideas, it costs money mate

Please please please place an order for me guys, I would like to pimp my SL's - (both the 50 and 30) replace the bushes withe bearings. Reefs can you advise as to which size bearings and how many of each I'd need?? :dunno:
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on August 28, 2010, 02:43:42 PM
I haven't done the SL50 or the SL30 bearings... but what I've found is that generally Daiwa use the same bearing sizes in all their reels...

  Bearing sizes for the Saltist range:

Cast control bearing 3x8x4
Drive shaft bearing 7x14x3.5
Top drive shaft bearing 8x14x4
LHS Spool bearing 4x11x4
RHS Spool bearing 8x14x4

But Rory, I reckon you drop those reels off at my place and I'll measure them up, so that you don't order for nothing?
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Rory on August 28, 2010, 09:09:20 PM

......But Rory, I reckon you drop those reels off at my place and I'll measure them up, so that you don't order for nothing?

If its not a hassle that will be awesome!  :tkx:  Besides, I drive past your place everyday! w;k
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on August 29, 2010, 01:52:14 PM
Ziggactly. Thats what I was thinking too.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on August 29, 2010, 08:17:24 PM
Ok guys... the chaps name is Johan Greyling ... Jagged Edge on UA. He has made a post with his contact details here...

http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,1542.0.html (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,1542.0.html)

Note that these bearings are expensive, but they are Abec 5 - much higher spec than the standard bearings. Also they are Ceramic balls, covered with stainless steel races and Tracks...
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: BigG on August 30, 2010, 08:54:23 AM
Thanks for the info Reefz
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: deenamoodley on September 04, 2010, 02:02:30 PM
hi reefman

when you measure the bearings for the sl 50 and sl 30

please share this infor

as i want to upgrade my reels as well

thanx
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on September 04, 2010, 02:32:06 PM
Here you go:

Bearings for the SL30SH

RSide Spool bearing       6x10x3
LHSide plate                   3x10x4
Drive shaft bearing         5x9x3
Top Drive shaft bearing  8x16x5
Cast control bushing     3.5x10x4


Bearings for the SL50SH

Rside spool bearing         7x14x3.5
LHSide plate                    4x11x4
Drive shaft bearing          7x14x3.5
Top drive shaft bearing   8x16x5
Cast control bushing        4x8x6

Tutorials coming soon, within the next week or so....
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Abaddon on September 04, 2010, 02:48:33 PM
I have recently acquired a Saltist 50 and will certainly want to give her every advantage in battling the beasties as well as all the elements of the ocean!

This here has to be one of the most impressive posts I have seen ANYWHERE !! Big  :resp: for this one Reefs !
The quality/resolution of the pictures, as Tsutsuma also noted, is second to none!

I have always thought the finish of the Saltists to be a serious shortcoming but you have sorted that out brilliantly! What is more, your real looks so much better than the stock units that I feel look cheapened by the red print and what not! The Personalized sideplate is WICKED!!

Again, Reefs - thanks for this one!
A 'Thumbs Up' from me..   
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on September 04, 2010, 03:16:53 PM
Shot Abs! It's well worth doing the upgrade on the bearings (Abec 5's) - especially the Cast control bushing... it just makes the reel so solid! Then obviously the Drag washers are compulsory to Carbontex... Also the spring on the Dog pawl... makes the reel almost bullet proof! The bling look is just a side issue... will see how it lasts at the coast?!
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: deenamoodley on September 06, 2010, 01:10:38 PM
thanx reefman

waiting for the tutorial
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on September 07, 2010, 03:23:48 PM
thanx reefman

waiting for the tutorial


http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,1699.0.html (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,1699.0.html)
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: BigG on September 09, 2010, 11:34:43 AM
Thanks to Reefman for the contact, and to Jagged Edge (George) for supplying my bearings promptly

Cheers
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: BigG on September 09, 2010, 11:43:32 AM
I will install the weekend and let you guys know the results
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on September 09, 2010, 12:11:21 PM
I will install the weekend and let you guys know the results

I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised!
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Sailor on September 09, 2010, 12:48:57 PM
All the posts on this thread will make me look at Daiwa for my next reel.  <: swr <:
 
Reefz awesome post and  :resp: .
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: BigG on September 09, 2010, 12:53:47 PM
I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised!

Sounds good

Going to see how these go, then i will order for the rest of the daiwa and shimano  family

Reefman, i was reading on the Bocabearing site, they mention that at first the reel might be a bit noisy when replacing with the new bearings until they settle in, what were your experiences or was it smooth from the beginning?

I assume i will oil all shaft bearings and the others to be greased?
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on September 09, 2010, 01:02:04 PM
I never noticed an increased noise... but then maybe I wasn't paying attention!

Nowdays I oil all my spool bearings, grease all other bearings, grease the gears and other moving parts.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on September 09, 2010, 01:04:38 PM
All the posts on this thread will make me look at Daiwa for my next reel.  <: swr <:
 

Think you're also going to be pleasantly surprised! Especially with the Centrifugal brake block system which helps us twice-yearly anglers enormously to consistently control casting.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50 Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: BigG on September 09, 2010, 01:07:39 PM
I never noticed an increased noise... but then maybe I wasn't paying attention!

Nowdays I oil all my bearings, grease the gears and other moving parts.

Thanks for the feedback
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Homie on February 03, 2011, 08:56:58 AM
Tony,
What oil would you recommend ? Want to do my reels soon.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on February 03, 2011, 09:15:11 AM
Lots of good lubes out there... all designed to do the trick.
Shimano Reel oil is good. I use a combination or Rocket Fuel and Mobil 1 (50:50) - the Rocket Fuel on it's own is very low viscosity and so burns off very quickly, so I add Mobil 1 (fully synthetic motor oil used in the Mclaren F1). This gives it the longevity... they ran an Isuzu bakkie on Mobil 1 for 300000kms on a Dyno, the engine specs still met the new standard specs after that!!

Other good lubes, if you can get them, are:
ReelX
CorrosionX
Quantum Hot sauce
Daiwa Reel lube

Can't go wrong with any of these.
Some guys even use Singer sewing machine oil. It works.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Moonie on November 09, 2011, 08:52:16 AM
Hi Reefman, I'm new to the forum and fish with a Saltist 40H which through my own neglect is looking a little worn for wear. I did service the reel once through a local tackle shop but once was perhaps a few times too little. The reel spool is starting to lose momentum when I cast - it is like an automatic breaking mechanism whereby I do not have to use my thumb to slow down the spool - good for beginners but not so good for those wanting to get some distance on the reel. I was down at the coast last week and brought the reel up (I live in the Vaal Triangle) with the intent of familiarising myself with the reel and servicing the reel and upgrading the drag washers etc. I am trying to view your pictorial post but without any luck - will it be possible to e-mail me the pictorial and some tips on where I can acquire the necessary parts to service/upgrade the reel. Note: this will be my first attempt at a reel service.
 
Thanks in advance
 
 (clap)
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Homie on November 09, 2011, 09:03:47 AM
Hi Moonie
 :welc:

Is Photobucket blocked at work ?
That could be the issue.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on November 09, 2011, 09:15:03 AM
Hi Reefman, I'm new to the forum and fish with a Saltist 40H which through my own neglect is looking a little worn for wear. I did service the reel once through a local tackle shop but once was perhaps a few times too little. The reel spool is starting to lose momentum when I cast - it is like an automatic breaking mechanism whereby I do not have to use my thumb to slow down the spool - good for beginners but not so good for those wanting to get some distance on the reel. I was down at the coast last week and brought the reel up (I live in the Vaal Triangle) with the intent of familiarising myself with the reel and servicing the reel and upgrading the drag washers etc. I am trying to view your pictorial post but without any luck - will it be possible to e-mail me the pictorial and some tips on where I can acquire the necessary parts to service/upgrade the reel. Note: this will be my first attempt at a reel service.
 
Thanks in advance
 
 (clap)

 :welc: - unfortunately the entire document has over 100 photographs and is over 100meg... not suitable for e-mail purposes. I would suggest finding a friend with an ADSL connection on his PC and saving the Document.

The spool losing momentum is for sure a seized spool bearing. Needs to be replaced and lubed.

Bearings and drag washers can be obtained from Johan Greyling ... Jagged Edge on UA. He has made a post with his contact details here...

http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,1542.0.html (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,1542.0.html)

Good luck!
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Moonie on November 21, 2011, 10:00:17 AM
Thanks for the responses guys - I downloaded the file via 3G and saved as a word document - Reefman  :udman: . OK so now I am going to attempt my first reel service/upgrade  :blush: . Can any of you please assist me with a list of tools/equipment that I need. Apart from the Reefman's tutorial I would also like to upgrade the drag washers with carbontex or better as well as replace the spool bearing on my reel.
 
 :shre:
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on November 21, 2011, 10:51:41 AM
Glad you came right!

Bearings and drag washers can be obtained from Johan Greyling ... Jagged Edge on UA. He has made a post with his contact details here...

http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,1542.0.html (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,1542.0.html)

As far as tools go... sky's the limit!!
Here is a post by Mike Pike on tools for reel servicing...
http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,4799.0.html (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,4799.0.html)
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: deezynking on November 21, 2011, 11:07:38 AM
as always, top stuff.... i personally wouldnt take a chance doing coz i know il stuff it up  :nuts:
i dig the bic pen mod...  :+ cred:
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Arkitek on November 25, 2011, 02:27:33 PM
hey guys
 
where can i get silvo from in durban? or dremmel tips?  i wanna do a Reefman Mod on my saltist lol
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on November 25, 2011, 02:35:46 PM
Silvo is the domestic Silver jewellery cleaner - Pick and Pay?
A Dremmel tool - is a cordless rechargable little drill used by hobbyists. You can buy them at any hardware and come with a variety of tips and packages...
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Arkitek on November 25, 2011, 02:41:28 PM
Aaaah thanks reefman!! much appreciated!
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Moonie on December 07, 2011, 02:44:33 PM
Hi Reefman, I'm new to the forum and fish with a Saltist 40H which through my own neglect is looking a little worn for wear. I did service the reel once through a local tackle shop but once was perhaps a few times too little. The reel spool is starting to lose momentum when I cast - it is like an automatic breaking mechanism whereby I do not have to use my thumb to slow down the spool - good for beginners but not so good for those wanting to get some distance on the reel. I was down at the coast last week and brought the reel up (I live in the Vaal Triangle) with the intent of familiarising myself with the reel and servicing the reel and upgrading the drag washers etc. I am trying to view your pictorial post but without any luck - will it be possible to e-mail me the pictorial and some tips on where I can acquire the necessary parts to service/upgrade the reel. Note: this will be my first attempt at a reel service.
 
Thanks in advance
 
 (clap)

 :welc: - unfortunately the entire document has over 100 photographs and is over 100meg... not suitable for e-mail purposes. I would suggest finding a friend with an ADSL connection on his PC and saving the Document.

The spool losing momentum is for sure a seized spool bearing. Needs to be replaced and lubed.

Bearings and drag washers can be obtained from Johan Greyling ... Jagged Edge on UA. He has made a post with his contact details here...

http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,1542.0.html (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,1542.0.html)

Good luck!

@Reefman, does the spool bearing replacement involve removing the spool retainer pin? I've seen a few tutorials on the web and it looks like a task for an expert or at least someone with the right tools.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on December 07, 2011, 03:22:19 PM
The Saltist doesn't have a spool retainer pin... that would be the Toriums and Trinidads.

The Bearing most likely to have seized is easily accessible by just removing the spool...

(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%204.jpg)


The next most obvious one is also easily accessible...

(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2014.jpg)


But if you go through the tutorial step by step, you can access all the bearings easily. It's not that difficult and you don't need fancy tools!
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Moonie on December 07, 2011, 04:22:06 PM
  :tkx:
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Moonie on December 22, 2011, 11:58:07 AM
OK so my long awaited carbontex washers and bearings arrived on Tuesday and I could not wait to start with my mini-project - thanks George (Jagged Edge). :udman: I stripped my reel as per Reefman's tutorial :geet  and could not help but notice that my reel only had 2 drag washers - a fibre washer that tore very easily and one of slightly hardier material. Could it be that the person I serviced my reel with about 18 months ago replaced/reduced the washers or is this a factory installation? Also I realised that the clutch bearing clamp was non-existent. Question is do I need these parts for the reel to perform - my reel was losing spool momentum occassionally during casting. Any help will be appreciated
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on December 22, 2011, 12:27:03 PM
Shew Moonie... you defintiely need the Drag washers for the reel to perform properly...! 2 Drag washers.... hmmmm something fishy about that!!
The clutch bearing clamp is not critical, but get it replaced when you order the other parts.
As I said before, the casting problem is certainly Bearings that are shot. The bearings from George will make your reel like new!! Good luck with the installation...
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Moonie on December 22, 2011, 01:02:28 PM
@Reefman, definitely 2 drag washers - one was paper thin - tore very easily, the other similar in strength to the carbontex washers I bought from Jagged Edge. Your pic-tutorial shows eared washers - I do not have those - the set I ordered from Jagged does not either. So which bearings are critical to replace for my reel to perform well?
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on December 22, 2011, 07:55:12 PM
Moonie... did your reel ever work properly? It's not possible for the reel's drag to work with only 2 washers... can you take a pic of it and post it...? Would be interesting to see! The Drive Gear should be fill to the brim with Drag washers... 5 metal ones and 5 fibre washers... TEN in total.

(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2018.jpg)
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on December 22, 2011, 07:56:53 PM
when you ordered your Drag washers from Jagged Edge, did you order the bearings as well? Sounds like your reel needs a bit of an overhaul... replace all the bearings while you're about it.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Moonie on December 28, 2011, 09:03:59 AM
Yip Reefman reel worked well - was not tested with real big fish though so perhaps I may have been lucky. Interestingly I started to re-assemble the reel and put in the 5 carbontex washers I purchased from Jagged Edge but the reel plate does not screw on flush - took out 2 washers and presto! Now what do I do?
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on December 28, 2011, 10:48:28 AM
tAKE some photo's of your Drag washers and drive gear. Something not right here... you sure you''re working on a Saltist 50H? I need to see your metal drag washers.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Moonie on December 28, 2011, 04:16:42 PM
@Reefman sorted out - I left the parts out on the dining room table and unbeknownst to me my lil" one decided to put a few of the old drag washers back into the stack. When I re-assembled I picked up the problem and went back and dis-assembled and picked the fault out. Thanks for all your trouble - I am going down to the coast on Friday and will let you know how the reel performs  :geet
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Arkitek on January 10, 2012, 08:16:14 AM
this one is for Reefman!!  what do you think?
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on January 10, 2012, 04:39:29 PM
Interesting! Radical shark-headed lizzzzard!! lol. Nice colours...  (clap)


Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Arkitek on January 10, 2012, 04:49:06 PM
thanks reefman...its a tribal shark haha but its all thanks to you. This tut of your inspired me to do this....i'll post a pic once i have reassembled the entire refurbished reel...before and after pics. Im a little concerned about the paint though and whether i had use th eright paint....its all rustoleum paints including the clear. How good is it against saltwater and normal water?
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on January 10, 2012, 04:52:43 PM
Rustoleum was designed primarily to stop and prevent rust! So it should be good! But we are but guinea pigs with this sort of stuff bud... time will tell.

Have you tried putting the reel side plates back together again yet? That's the tricky part... if the paint is too thick, you're gonna sukkel like mad.

Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Arkitek on January 11, 2012, 11:47:39 AM
howzit Reefman i managed to put it back together nicely with not much trouble! im very proud of my Pimp and thank you for inspiring me to do so!
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Timothy Scriven on January 11, 2012, 04:21:42 PM
Nice "KZN Fishing" pics
 duh

 :hyst: :hyst:
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Arkitek on January 11, 2012, 04:25:56 PM
errrr thanks! and it is mine just so you know...
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Timothy Scriven on January 11, 2012, 04:31:03 PM
No sweat, I was actually making fun at myself as well, as I have done that too before.

It's called an "OH-NO Second".
When you hit "enter" a second too early before checking what you are about to send.


Nice looking reel.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Arkitek on January 11, 2012, 04:35:27 PM
 :lolo:  its all good man! and thanks! i spent a fair amount of time on it and believe me it looked horrible when i got it
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: tkei on May 17, 2012, 03:05:50 PM
Reefman, I have my brothers rather abused saltist 50 at home for a service. it was not doing much due to salt and grime buildup. I part stripped it and lost interest for a while. Before i go too far, is it worth upgrading to carbontex washers. i havnet opened the drag yet, but when i do get on to it i will start and finish in 1 sitting so dont want redo the job soon to replace washers. are the saltist washers junk (like torium, and need upgrading to carbontex)?
 
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: MIKE PIKE on May 17, 2012, 03:12:59 PM
tkei , if i were you i would replace the drag washers with Carbontex , make a substantial difference in the drag and the original ones in the Saltist are quite thin and from cleaning and re-greasing they become brittle and tear eventually .
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Arkitek on May 17, 2012, 03:49:40 PM
Mike is right Tkei....rather upgrade to carbontex. Unforunately i didnt cos i couldnt at the time...come to think of it maybe i should get me that carbontex and upgrade!!!   @ Reefman the paint chips easily which is a bummer for me lol considering the amount of time i took to do up the reel. But i think i made a fatal flaw in my preparing the. After removing the original paintwork i sanded it with 1200 - 1500 grit paper so in fact i made it shine and i think its cos of this that the primer hasnt adhered to the reel properly and i did the same with the primer after it dried i hit it with that fine paper and then sprayed the final paint. It chipped easily against my other reels as well as when opening it up to service. So i'll give it a bit of time before i redo the reel but this time i know what to do :)
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: T-50 on May 17, 2012, 05:19:09 PM
Great tutorial. :corrct:
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Def-e-nition on May 01, 2013, 06:16:27 PM
No tutorial Like a Reefman tutorial eh .......


 :corrct: :tkx:
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Fish Carnivore on May 02, 2013, 07:19:15 AM
No tutorial Like a Reefman tutorial eh .......


 :corrct: :tkx:


 :ult:


My wife bought me the new black and gold saltist for my birthday.  what drag washers does it have in and is it worth it to change them to carbontex from the start. reel still brand new. :dwa:
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: MIKE PIKE on May 02, 2013, 07:40:08 AM
Not 100% sure , but i think the new Saltist BG's might have the carbon drag washers in already . Nice Birthday present , enjoy , they really good reels. :-) 
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Def-e-nition on May 02, 2013, 08:28:14 AM
@ Fish hunter , not sure Really , would say no , until They start Binding .




 I am changing The paper Thin jobs for The pure and simple Reason that , irrespective of what i hooked That Night , and it was big ( probably a White ) , i lost The Catch due to the drag binding . The Resultant jerking of The Drag finally popped the braid mainline connection 250 meters out , resulting in a lost Fish and an empty spool .
 i have 2 saltiga's , and The oldest One is pimped . The washers really Make for an even smooth Drag setup .Line peels off far More consistently Than with stock washers .


I have put Cals grease Now On the silver Saltist to Try and improve It's Posture with the Next fish , but sooner Or Later It'll Revert Back to it's stickyness .


I may be wrong but the Black reels' Washers are not the Same as The Previous Model , so I Would worry about it after Maybe 30 Good fish . Just because Things are standard  , doesn't necessarily mean Or Make Em Bad from the Get-go .


Enjoy your Reel .    Have you inserted a brake collar  , or are you comfortable casting without them ? No-one Will be able to Tell if you have it in or Not anyways , and if you do decide to use The brake collars , you only Need to insert One Collar , it's sufficient , and has No affect On the balance of The spool whatsoever .


Def .
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on May 04, 2013, 01:06:47 PM
No tutorial Like a Reefman tutorial eh .......


 :corrct: :tkx:




 :ult:


My wife bought me the new black and gold saltist for my birthday.  what drag washers does it have in and is it worth it to change them to carbontex from the start. reel still brand new. :dwa:

New Saltists have proper Carbontex washers in them. No need to change   them. Just make sure they are greased lightly with Cal's grease or   Teflon grease.

(http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/articles/SALTISTBG30H/SALTIST%20BG30H%203.JPG)
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Def-e-nition on May 05, 2013, 07:34:35 PM
now that's interesting . Haven't opened one yet .
hmm.
 Ta
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Fish Carnivore on May 06, 2013, 05:19:24 AM
 :happ: :happ: thank you for info.


Reefman   , you need to change your name to  Encyclopedia Bra FISH ica. 
 :udman: :resp:
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Def-e-nition on May 07, 2013, 03:16:37 AM
:happ: :happ: thank you for info.


Reefman   , you need to change your name to  Encyclopedia Bra FISH ica. 
 :udman: :resp:


Errr - I think They already did .......... Just waiting for approval from the names board ..!
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: kalf on May 07, 2013, 07:09:51 PM
Hey guys, looking for some help regarding my saltist (silver) drag. Had issues with it not tightening up so i fitted carbontex, sitting with the same problem. I can quite easily peel line off with my hand with the drag tight.


Ive been through Reefmans tut to see if ive made a mistake reassembling the reel but it all seems fine.



Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on May 08, 2013, 10:02:40 AM
Hey guys, looking for some help regarding my saltist (silver) drag. Had issues with it not tightening up so i fitted carbontex, sitting with the same problem. I can quite easily peel line off with my hand with the drag tight.


Ive been through Reefmans tut to see if ive made a mistake reassembling the reel but it all seems fine.

First thing to check is that your Drag leaf spring is not upside down...

(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2077.jpg)



Then check that your Drag spring washers are () aligned and not ((

(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2076.jpg)

Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: kalf on May 08, 2013, 10:12:20 AM
Hey Reefman thanks for the reply


Both those parts are correctly installed. Could it be that the cup washers have collapsed? Almost feels like the star drag is bottoming out before it completely compresses the drag washers enough.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on May 08, 2013, 12:12:06 PM
Very unlikely for those Drag spring washers to have collapsed - unless you've tangle with several BIG sharks. When you hold them together, they should bend apart from each other.... () If they don't, then yes they're knackered.

Check that there is a bearing washer

(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2011.jpg)

And then finally, check that your Clutch sleeve is not upside down...

(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2015.jpg)
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: kalf on May 08, 2013, 12:37:16 PM
Thanks again Reefman, only thing left to do is check that clutch sleeve, not sure which way around it is now.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on May 17, 2013, 10:51:42 AM
Did you come right Kalf?
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: kalf on May 17, 2013, 11:10:38 AM
Hey Reefman, not really. I added one of the old drag washers to the stack to see if that would work and the reel now has drag.
I am  not keen on leaving it like that though(mixed drag washers). Seems like a thicker drag stack solves the problem, not sure what im missing in my drag stack that it is too thin.


Ive checked all parts and they seem to be in place.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on May 17, 2013, 11:49:50 AM
Ok check that you have the right number of drag washers in. Should be 10?

(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2018.jpg)


And then make sure that you've got the bottom Drag washer that fits under the Drive Gear?

(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2019.jpg)


If those are all correct, then you've got the wrong size washers for the reel?
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: kalf on May 20, 2013, 08:12:43 AM
Hey Reefman, thanks thats the one thing i havnt thought of checking. Do have the one under the gear though. Will strip it down tonight and check if theres 10 in there.


Thanks again
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on June 23, 2013, 09:35:11 AM
Kalf... any updates here...?
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: tomatero on August 07, 2013, 06:14:40 AM
 Thank you very much for this tutorial. really fantastic. It is to admire the passion and dedication to convey to fellow forumers your knowledge.
Thank you very much.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: ThingFish on January 19, 2015, 08:10:17 AM
Great info Reefman. I just came across Allan Tani's article with more info on the cleaning and maintenance of bearings which I think will compliment and add some more useful info to your own article.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13.0 (http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13.0)


Regards
ThingFish
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on January 19, 2015, 08:19:02 AM
No problem Thingfish.  :welc:

I did a small write-up on how I handle bearings as well ... http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=25.0 (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=25.0)
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: ThingFish on January 19, 2015, 10:30:54 AM
Great Reefman....very informative too. By the way since we are on the subject...I have the Daiwa Saltist 40h Black and Gold and I was reading your upgrade of the cast control bushing with a bearing...you mention the size of the bearing to be 3x8x4   I want to do this conversion as you say it makes the reel feel even more solid (can hardly imagine this as it already feels so solid :) but anyway) Where can I buy this bearing and what would the price be approximately? Bacu I think you said. What other difference does it make compared to the standard bushing? Does it last longer and does it improve casting at all?
Thanks and regards
ThingFish

Ps. Thanks for the welcoming :)
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on January 19, 2015, 10:43:16 AM
Boca Bearings can be obtained from Jagged edge ...

http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=9890.0 (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=9890.0)

or Craig Neil from CDS Angling

The bearing helps with smoother spool revolution, no doubt. Whether it is necessary? Debatable, but most top of the range reels will have bearings instead of bushings.. The bearing probably won't last as long as the bushing.

Hope this helps.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: ThingFish on January 19, 2015, 08:44:18 PM
Ok thanks Reefman. The Daiwa Saltist is a top of the range reel though isn't it? Yet is has a bushing.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on January 20, 2015, 06:49:50 AM
No, it's middle of the range. Saltiga is top of the range in Daiwa stable.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: David Taylor on January 21, 2015, 10:10:51 PM
Just bought me a saltist 2nd hand. It looks like if it was used at all it was used once. Opened it up and found no evidence of corrosion or salt under the screws etc. The grease was pretty hard so I reckon it hadn't been used in a while. Re grease everything. What I found when I wanted to open the sealed spool bearings to clean and re oil is they don't seem to open like normal sealed bearings. There is no little C shaped thing (sorry don't know the name of it) that you have to lift out allowing you to get the seal off. Surely for such important bearings Daiwa would have used serviceable bearings? Anyone have any ideas? Maybe I am missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: David Taylor on January 22, 2015, 07:31:26 AM
Also the bearings are slightly noisier now with oil rather than grease? Is this normal?
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on January 22, 2015, 08:33:54 AM
David, have a look at this comprehensive article by the reel guru Alan Tani...
It shows you how to deal with the pressed seal bearings (one's without the retainer clip). Unfortunately to get them off, you will damage them and they can't be put back.

As far as bearing noise goes, you should only oil the spool bearings, the rest should be greased. If the noise bothers you, then grease them as well!

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13.0 (http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13.0)
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: David Taylor on January 22, 2015, 08:41:49 AM
If the noise shouldn't bother me then it won't. Thanks I will have a look. I don't really mind not being able to replace the seals as I like to service my reels often and I hate not being able to clean and grease/oil bearings when I open my reels. It should also allow the spool to spin more freely. Thanks again.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on November 23, 2015, 04:58:31 PM
David, you recently asked me if the Saltiga Pinion gear would fit the Saltist. The answer is sadly no. I opened them last night and their gears are completely different. Strange thing though, the Side plates are interchangeable!
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: David Taylor on November 23, 2015, 09:59:42 PM
Oh ok. Well thanks for checking.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Vjtrey1 on July 29, 2016, 11:19:07 PM
Sir Reefman, i have daiwa saltist 20 h-c levelwind. I would like to know if do you have also a service for that or can i follow this service tutorial/guide to service my reel? Thank you
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on July 30, 2016, 06:20:43 AM
Gosh I've never opened a Levelwind reel up, so I'm not sure whether they are similar or not. Sorry.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Vjtrey1 on July 30, 2016, 06:39:42 AM
Ohh i see sad, i wanna service my own but don't wanna take the risk without having a guide. I hope you can refer me to other threads if you knew one that have guide for saltist hc levelwind. I really need tour help 😔🙁
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on July 30, 2016, 07:44:45 AM
So I had a look at the schematics for the Levelwind... http://daiwafishing.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/SALTIST-LW20HA-30HA.pdf (http://daiwafishing.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/SALTIST-LW20HA-30HA.pdf)
The reel is identical to the ordinary Saltists, only difference being the added Levelwind mechanism. Just take photo's as you dismantle the levelwind parts so you know how it goes back together. The rest you should be able to follow this tut, no problem.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Vjtrey1 on July 30, 2016, 08:01:09 AM
Wow you're so awsome woohooo! Thank you so much!!!!!!! Really appreciate your effort! I have work to do tom then :D
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Vjtrey1 on July 30, 2016, 08:10:41 AM
Even the bearing size are the same?
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on July 30, 2016, 01:28:31 PM
Wow you're so awsome woohooo! Thank you so much!!!!!!! Really appreciate your effort! I have work to do tom then :D

You're welcome. Hope you come right! Post your findings here once you've done it.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Vjtrey1 on July 30, 2016, 07:35:01 PM
Hi sir Reefman im planning to get a new reel for pier fishing do you think daiwa luna is a good choice on its class? Or do you recommend other reel on same class? Or should i get another saltist levelwind? Thanks
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on July 30, 2016, 08:45:39 PM
Got no idea dude. The reels we use here in SAfrica differ greatly from the ones used in the States. Even the way we fish is completely different. I cant advise you.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Vjtrey1 on July 31, 2016, 04:24:47 PM
I was successful in servicing my own reel Daiwa Saltist levelwind HC by following this tutorial. There's some differences in internal parts but still very similar. Also the levelwind is a different thing too. I would like to thank reefman for an awesome tutorial and very approachable person thumbs-up sir! Thanks to this thread i able to service my own reel. Thanks y'all!
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on July 31, 2016, 05:48:19 PM
Stop calling me sir!   w;k

Glad that you managed to come right. Well done!
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Vjtrey1 on July 31, 2016, 06:54:19 PM
Alright lol. I eould like to know if where or how can i get the bearing sizes? Also i owuld like to replace a bearing in knob control ehich comes with plastic like ehat you did.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on August 03, 2016, 07:55:50 AM
.(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2058.jpg)

I'm not certain that the bearing sizes are the same in your reel. Generally, the Daiwa multipliers have the same bearing sizes across the range... but the best thing to do is either measure them yourself with a Vernier, or take the bearings to a bearing shop and get replacements. You can also try www.smoothdrag.com (http://www.smoothdrag.com) - they supply bearing kits.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Vjtrey1 on August 03, 2016, 10:41:20 AM
What i did is I just compare the part number of that plastic bushing with 30H and they both have the same part number so i assumed that the bearing size is the same too, hopefully because I already place the order.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on August 03, 2016, 05:43:31 PM
Excellent bit of sleuth work there. Yes you're right, same part number from Daiwa means the part is interchangeable.
Title: Re: DAIWA SEALINE SL50SH SERVICE and Maintenance - SL50SH
Post by: romanza1 on June 30, 2017, 06:39:15 PM
Hi Reefman. Thanks for the tutorial.. Have used it plenty to service my saltist. However we started having a problem last weekend after landing a decent sized Grey. The reel runs fine when the drag is loose, but as soon as it is tightened the reel becomes tighter to turn (when winding) I thought it could have been a collapsed bearing or maby the drag washers were put in incorrectly but after opening the reel tonight all seems fine. Any thoughts?
Title: Re: Re: DAIWA SEALINE SL50SH SERVICE and Maintenance - SL50SH
Post by: REEFMAN on July 01, 2017, 06:11:02 AM
You're having problem with your Saltist? Or SL 50?

The Saltist 50 tut is here... http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=1495.0 (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=1495.0)

I'm almost sure that's a problem with one of the Drive shaft bearings that's seized?


Title: Re: Re: DAIWA SEALINE SL50SH SERVICE and Maintenance - SL50SH
Post by: romanza1 on July 01, 2017, 08:17:09 AM
Hi Reefman
Thanks for the reply, yes, I have it in the incorrect thread sorry. I'll take it apart again this morning and check all the bearings


Thanks again.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on July 02, 2017, 06:55:14 AM
Specifically, check these 2:

The top drive shaft bearing...

(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2014.jpg)

And the bottom drive shaft bearing under the retainer plate. If not properly maintained, this one can often seize against the body of the reel. Difficult to remove!

(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2027.jpg)


Pretty sure, one of these bearings is seized. If they're fine, then you need to check the Anti-reverse roller bearing.

(http://www.africanaquatics.co.za/FISHING/Fishing%20stuff/REEL%20MAINTENANCE/SALTIST%2050/SALTIST%2050%2031.jpg)


How to properly check bearings: http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=25.0 (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php?topic=25.0)
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Derash on July 11, 2017, 05:30:30 PM
I replaced the cast control bushing on my Daiwa sl20sh with a bearing.
I was told it helps protect the spool spindle from bending or flexing
when pulling a heavy load on a tight drag.

I am sure it will help the Saltist spool spindle in the same manner as it helps
the Daiwa slosh models.....makes the reel more solid.

Excellent Post Reefman......well done on the info and pics !!!!

Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Derash on July 11, 2017, 05:54:12 PM
I notice that you fitted the brake blocks with flat side out......rounded side inwards
Does it make a difference in which way you fit it???
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on July 12, 2017, 07:11:04 AM
Flat side out will mean more surface area making contact with the Brake ring, therefore more braking power.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Derash on July 21, 2017, 06:52:23 AM
EXCELLENT  :tkx:
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: Shootandscore30 on April 22, 2018, 12:05:05 AM
Can anybody confirm the part name for the "Anti-Reverse Roller Bearing". (The blue bearing) I am currently ordering parts and cannot find it in the schematics. In addition I also need the retainer clip that goes over the anti-reverse roller bearing.
Thanks
Ken
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on April 22, 2018, 06:18:45 AM
That's quite interesting... It's obviously a typo that appears in all the Saltist schematics! It's part no 40. (They call it "handle metal"?!?  :nuts: )

In the Saltist 30H, it's part number 6F552703
In the 50H, it's F552703

Another name for it is a Roller clutch.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: kevin on June 11, 2018, 08:49:08 PM
thanx much appreciated!!
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: ThingFish on July 09, 2024, 02:06:06 PM
That's quite interesting... It's obviously a typo that appears in all the Saltist schematics! It's part no 40. (They call it "handle metal"?!?  :nuts: )

In the Saltist 30H, it's part number 6F552703
In the 50H, it's F552703

Another name for it is a Roller clutch.


Is there a reason this bearing is not included when replacing the bearings with Boca bearings? Is it not necessary to replace this bearing when replacing the other bearings?
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: REEFMAN on July 10, 2024, 07:16:01 AM
The Roller bearings last much longer than the ordinary circular bearings, due to not having to spin like the circular bearings. If the roller bearings are not rusted, they don't need replacing.
Title: Re: DAIWA SALTIST 50H Service and Maintenance tutorial - Pimp my SALTIST!
Post by: ThingFish on July 14, 2024, 11:41:38 AM
Thanks Reefman that's good to know.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal