ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Trout fishing => Topic started by: Gerhard on August 11, 2013, 06:10:16 PM

Title: Her introduction...
Post by: Gerhard on August 11, 2013, 06:10:16 PM
Well,


This long weekend of the 9th of August was again marked by a strong cold front rumbling trough the country...


I promised my daughter I will take her fly fishing and what better way to spend some dad and daughter time together before I go away...


When we departed Pretoria on Friday morning it was cold and raining and so it was most of the way to Machadodorp...


Around 14:00 the weather cleared up a bit with no more rain and thunder around.


I took her to the dam and it was not too long before I am in and as soon as I have all the line on the reel handed the rod to her and steped back to take a few photos with the IPhone...


(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/1099888d15b015d45f8a2fc50ed3bfdb_zps69465ad9.jpg)


Then I had to jump with the landing net...


Not a bad start


(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/b62e587d63721e2339dc59526293587c_zps33096d4f.jpg)


Then a bit later again...


With a beauty cock trout


(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/0b1774c5a9c25f68b807f480990678c2_zps4c393703.jpg)


I was then allowed to catch 2 trout while she learns how to handle the landing net. Team work... w;k


And managed this nice hen


(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/null_zps7681fc0a.jpg)


The next fish was another cock trout...


He was weired looking getting injured when he was younger on his upper jaw..


(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/null_zps403f693b.jpg)




(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/null_zps281aff4b.jpg) (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Jakkals/media/null_zps281aff4b.jpg.html)


Early yesterday morning everything was covered in thick mist with a cold wind I sneaked out for a couple of casts and the red eyedamsel produced once again..




(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/null_zpsd22d4768.jpg) (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Jakkals/media/null_zpsd22d4768.jpg.html)


We visited Elandskloof yesterday afternoon and I managed another two trout with my daughter landing the 1st and on the 2nd working the landing net...


This morning the sun was out and it was an awesome morning and we went for a walk before heading back home...


(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Jakkals/null_zps754794ad.jpg) (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Jakkals/media/null_zps754794ad.jpg.html)


What a special weekend ... :happ:

Title: Re: Her introduction...
Post by: Happy Dog on August 11, 2013, 06:14:04 PM
 (clap)  And  :+ cred:  for taking her fishing always fun when kids go fishing.
Title: Re: Her introduction...
Post by: Toppie on August 11, 2013, 06:26:36 PM
Very nice Gerhard, well done - happy for you and always great to see father and child enjoying themselves, spend quality time and teaching such a passionate hobby!
Title: Re: Her introduction...
Post by: REEFMAN on August 11, 2013, 06:30:19 PM
Excellent Gerhard! Great report... heartwarming stuff bru!  (clap)
Title: Re: Her introduction...
Post by: Big B on August 11, 2013, 08:14:54 PM
Lekker Gerhard, great om sulke tyd saam met jou dogter te kan spandeer, en hulle onthou dit vir altyd.

 :+ cred:
Title: Re: Her introduction...
Post by: Gerhard on August 12, 2013, 06:03:10 AM
Thanks guys,


Yea time is running out before I am flying to Saudi so need to spent as much time with her as possible ...
Title: Re: Her introduction...
Post by: krissi on August 12, 2013, 07:04:41 AM
That is so awesome Gerhad and some lovely trout - she will treasure that time with you  (clap)
Title: Re: Her introduction...
Post by: Lichia amia on August 12, 2013, 07:38:16 AM
Nice one Gerhard  (clap)
Title: Re: Her introduction...
Post by: Kumz on August 12, 2013, 07:41:12 AM
 (clap) Fantastic....  :win:
Title: Re: Her introduction...
Post by: briansflyfishing on August 12, 2013, 07:42:01 AM
That is awesome to see. getting kids to fish and stay off cell phones and Playstations and to enjoy life.


 :+ cred:
Brian
Title: Re: Her introduction...
Post by: Chigger on August 12, 2013, 07:48:39 AM
 :cgrts: (clap)
Title: Re: Her introduction...
Post by: Debbie on August 12, 2013, 10:37:08 AM
Nice one  (clap) (clap)  :win:
Title: Re: Her introduction...
Post by: Homie on August 12, 2013, 10:41:21 AM
Great stuff Gerhad !!!
Some really great fish as well
Title: Re: Her introduction...
Post by: Gerhard on August 12, 2013, 05:04:15 PM
thanks once again for the kind words
Title: Re: Her introduction...
Post by: CLS on August 12, 2013, 07:30:29 PM
 (clap) fantastic , they grow up so fast these days.
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal