ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: Herman Jooste on July 09, 2013, 09:32:04 PM

Title: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Herman Jooste on July 09, 2013, 09:32:04 PM
A thought just crossed my foggy mind. :frid
 
How about a " Ultimate Ladies Day" at On the Rocks ????
There are a few ladies on the forum, but more important their are a LOT of F/F wives out there who might enjoy a cast or 2.
 
I'm sure we could arrange Ultimate members who are familiar with F/F for guidance etc.
 
Maybe we could even get a sponsorship from someone for the best " trier " of the day ?
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Debbie on July 10, 2013, 09:18:10 AM
 (clap) (clap) (clap)
 
thats a great idea.
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Lichia amia on July 10, 2013, 10:11:31 AM
Gooi dates Herman !!!
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Toppie on July 10, 2013, 10:17:08 AM
How did I know Kallie will volunteer to instruct an only ladies wool swingers morning.
 
Only if he dresses up like a "gentleman" again!
 
 
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Lichia amia on July 10, 2013, 10:18:24 AM
How did I know Kallie will volunteer to instruct an only ladies wool swingers morning.
 
Only if he dresses up like a "gentleman" again!

A man got to do what a mans got to do !!! :hnthnt:
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Debbie on July 10, 2013, 11:05:16 AM
Lol .... he better roll up his sleeves then  w;k
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Herman Jooste on July 10, 2013, 08:37:08 PM
Gooi dates Herman !!!

How about the 18th August ??
 
Where is Urban ito a small sponsorship  w;k
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Debbie on July 11, 2013, 08:22:39 AM
18th August is good for me
Title: Re: Ladies/ Newbies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Herman Jooste on July 15, 2013, 09:26:27 PM
First and Foremost. OOOOPPPPSSS, I c*cked the date up. :blush:  Sorry.
The 18th is my step daughter's birthday.
 
How about the 17th August ( Saturday ) or the 25th ( Sunday ). I am a bit concerned about the 25th as it might be getting a bit warm then for the troot.
 
You will also notice that I have changed the title of the thread. I would like to include all NEWBIES to f/f. I have 3 work colleagues who would love the opportunity to learn first hand from experienced f/f.
T am therefore asking/begging those members who can assist with casting tips/assistance, fly presentation, fly choice etc. to volunteer to be there for the morning.
 
I am seeing this as not only an opportunity to help UA members interested in throwing some fluff, but also as a means of bringing new members into UA, when they experience first hand what UA is all about.
 
Please spread the word, I have a "gut feel" that this CAN work.
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Rory on July 16, 2013, 07:45:49 AM
Herman, you know the drill, if its a Sunday I'll help out. Saturdays are generally out for me. Perhaps give Tye2 a call, he stays around the corner from On the Rocks and fishes there plenty - in fact its about time that he signed up here on UA....
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Lichia amia on July 16, 2013, 07:48:28 AM
Where is Stef aka Actionman ?? He might wanna fish the Ladies day .
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Debbie on July 19, 2013, 04:24:47 PM
I cant do the Sunday, need to be back in DBN :-(
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Herman Jooste on July 19, 2013, 07:24:57 PM
Eiissshh,  :cnfzd
 
Doesn't look like much interest  :cnfzd
 
Sorry Debbie, but it's going to have to be on the 25th ( Sunday ). I will have a minimum of 3 non forum newbies with me.
 
Debbie, I owe you a trip on the Vaal this summer.  :fshn:
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Toppie on July 19, 2013, 08:33:59 PM
Oh well, there goes Kallie:
 
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: icstuff on July 23, 2013, 07:39:33 AM
Eiissshh,  :cnfzd
 
Doesn't look like much interest  :cnfzd
 
Sorry Debbie, but it's going to have to be on the 25th ( Sunday ). I will have a minimum of 3 non forum newbies with me.
 
Debbie, I owe you a trip on the Vaal this summer.  :fshn:

Ok I have convinced mrs ic. So we will be there!
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Debbie on July 23, 2013, 09:48:32 AM
Sorry Debbie, but it's going to have to be on the 25th ( Sunday ). I will have a minimum of 3 non forum newbies with me.
 
Debbie, I owe you a trip on the Vaal this summer.  :fshn:

Herman, Im back in Durbs them.
Vaal in summer  :happ: , that will be great.  I can stay over in Parys for the weekend  :-)
 
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Herman Jooste on August 13, 2013, 07:58:29 PM
Hi All, After speaking to quite a few members this event has been cancelled due to lack of interest. :-(
 
Most of those who were willing to help have made themselves available for a Vaal Trip on the same date 25th August at Woelwaters,
 
Any Vaal newbie is more than welcome. :clwn
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Homie on August 13, 2013, 09:06:43 PM
 :cry:
Sorry Herman... I'll be in DBN for a wedding that weekend...
 :+ cred: for organizing...

Can't wait to hit the Vaal !
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: icstuff on August 13, 2013, 09:28:57 PM
:cry:
Sorry Herman... I'll be in DBN for a wedding that weekend...
 :+ cred: for organizing...

Can't wait to hit the Vaal !

Why do you want to hit the vaal?
What did it do to you?
Does it not provide you with water and industry?
Cant your disagreement be settled without violence?
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: Ziggy on August 13, 2013, 09:41:39 PM
:cry:
Sorry Herman... I'll be in DBN for a wedding that weekend...
 :+ cred: for organizing...

Can't wait to hit the Vaal !

Why do you want to hit the vaal?
What did it do to you?
Does it not provide you with water and industry?
Cant your disagreement be settled without violence?


maybe he meant Vaallies? He is really a Banana Boy after all
Title: Re: Ladies Day at On the Rocks ?
Post by: icstuff on August 13, 2013, 09:45:25 PM
Nice one ziggy!
But I fear not the Homie for the Vrystaat still runs in by blood
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal