ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: maganything on June 10, 2013, 02:23:22 PM

Title: new setup
Post by: maganything on June 10, 2013, 02:23:22 PM
 
Hi Guys,
 
I currently only fish with 3 Hardy rods, reels and line. These rods and reels have been in my family for a while and i beleive it is time to put the two older ones to rest.
 
So I am in the market for a new outfit, I am thinking along the lines of #5/6 weight rod and reel.
 
Being a Hardy fan, i am thinking about sticking with the brand i know, even though they are hellishly expensive, i know you pay for what you get.
 
What would you guys reccomend?
do i change to ovris, sage or another brand, or stick with the new hardy range...?
 
 
Title: Re: new setup
Post by: Wynand13 on June 10, 2013, 02:26:59 PM
Hi maganything


Yes Hardy is exceptional. I have had some of their line before, and must admit that there are better lines out there, that is my personal opinion.


Where are you situated?
What fish would you be targeting mainly?
Title: Re: new setup
Post by: maganything on June 10, 2013, 02:31:11 PM
Hi maganything


Yes Hardy is exceptional. I have had some of their line before, and must admit that there are better lines out there, that is my personal opinion.


Where are you situated?
What fish would you be targeting mainly?


i live in Durbs, mainly targeting trout and occasionally yellows.
Title: Re: new setup
Post by: Wynand13 on June 10, 2013, 02:34:42 PM
I send you a pm. As many anglers out there as many setups. 


SAGE is great, I recently saw some Wychwood gear, and must say WOW. Really nice... They claim to have the lightest reels in the business.


The Airflo Super Dri Elite line seem to be the thing now, but I cant give an educated opinion on it..
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal