ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website
OFFSHORE ANGLING => General Offshore Angling Discussion => Topic started by: John F on August 22, 2010, 01:46:58 AM
-
I know this issue as been discussed a lot times and Bennie actually did a lot research and wrote quite a bit about this matter.
What I would like to discuss is the personal preferences for certain lure colors to specific positions in the spread / time of the day...
For example, Peter Pakula proposes (based on his zillion years of experience!) that the following color combination is the best:
Short corner: purple/black/red
Long corner: black/purple/white
Short rigger: purple/black/red
Long rigger: lumo/light green/yellow
Shotgun: lumo; pink; other
On the other hand, Bob Schneider swears by the chart below...
What is your experience / preference?
-
That is pretty consistant, but more detailed than my observations.
Early and Late - Natural and Dark Colours
Midday - Bright Colours
It goes back to the old saying we used to use in fly fishing.
Dark Skies = Dark Flies
Bright Skies = Bright Flies
-
Very good information. There are so many different trains of thought that varies throughout the world. But for someone to follow an experts pattern is not a bad idea.
Thanks John!
-
I know this issue as been discussed a lot times and Bennie actually did a lot research and wrote quite a bit about this matter.
What I would like to discuss is the personal preferences for certain lure colors to specific positions in the spread / time of the day...
For example, Peter Pakula proposes (based on his zillion years of experience!) that the following color combination are the best:
Short corner: purple/black/red
Long corner: black/purple/white
Short rigger: purple/black/red
Long rigger: lumo/light green/yellow
Shotgun: lumo; pink; other
On the other hand, Bob Schneider swears by the chart below...
Very interesting John f some time ago I had a Q@A on art lure for Marlin and some interesting things came out. HB Swart had a colour selection for marlin see
http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,708.msg4544.html#msg4544 (http://www.ultimateangling.co.za/index.php/topic,708.msg4544.html#msg4544)
What is your experience / preference?
-
Thanks, Onde!
-
Good day John F. Contacting you as a moderator. I can't open attachments, shows ERROR message every time, very frustrating.
Please help.
-
Thanks for the heads up. As you know the site has been upgraded recently and some attachments have been lost.
I have re-uploaded the chart in post #1.