ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Shore Angling => THE GRINDER REVOLUTION => Topic started by: BluFlu on April 08, 2013, 10:33:39 AM

Title: Grinder advice - do I really need an Ultegra or Bullseye?
Post by: BluFlu on April 08, 2013, 10:33:39 AM
I want to put together an outfit for cracker i.e. relatively heavy edible setup. Question to the experts?
I have a Saragosa 8000 - will this work or does one really need a dedicated surf grinder.
 
If it does what would you suggest in respect a rod to pair this with that will be balanced?
Title: Re: Grinder advice - do I really need an Ultegra or Bullseye?
Post by: Lenny on April 10, 2013, 10:09:02 AM
Long time no see ,Frans .


I think you could get away with the Gosa , Having done a fair share of Cracker fishing , I dont think Braid and Grinders are the best option for Crackers ,altought 'top end' grinders are more than capable .


Cracker fishing are powerfishing 'hook and hold', some very good cracker fisherman will still swear by their 19voetsek Penn 500.


I Would suggest pairing the Gosa up with a 110h Shimano and give it ago .


Speaking about this , What Braid /leader Diameters , your planning on using ? 


Let hear what the other guys have to say ...
Title: Re: Grinder advice - do I really need an Ultegra or Bullseye?
Post by: BluFlu on April 10, 2013, 08:24:45 PM
I have quite a[size=78%] bit of JB 60 pound hollow and normal braid which I may use - still waiting on some advice re leader :)[/size]
Title: Re: Grinder advice - do I really need an Ultegra or Bullseye?
Post by: Lenny on April 11, 2013, 10:58:09 AM
50/ 60 lbs Braid would seem fine to me . Leader I would go notting under .90mm Mono .


My concerns are that you will have more stretch in the leader as we know Braid does not stretch and Crackers being Crackers LOL
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal