ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Trout fishing => Topic started by: Ziggy on August 17, 2010, 08:14:08 AM

Title: Felt soled boots are are dangerous and scary!!!
Post by: Ziggy on August 17, 2010, 08:14:08 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/16/science/earth/16felt.html?_r=1 (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/16/science/earth/16felt.html?_r=1)

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/16/science/16invasive.html?fta=y (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/16/science/16invasive.html?fta=y)
Title: Re: Felt soled boots are are dangerous and scary!!!
Post by: shagnrelease on August 17, 2010, 08:34:28 AM
yip as far as I know they have been banned in New zealand for a while now.
Title: Re: Felt soled boots are are dangerous and scary!!!
Post by: jaenswart on August 17, 2010, 07:49:44 PM
I can only say what I wanna say in Afrikaans:

Ek het al my GAT afgeval op my wading boots
Title: Re: Felt soled boots are are dangerous and scary!!!
Post by: shagnrelease on August 17, 2010, 08:45:39 PM
I can only say what I wanna say in Afrikaans:

Ek het al my GAT afgeval op my wading boots

 :hehe:that as well, but the ban is because of the non indeginous spores that can pollute the rivers.
Title: Re: Felt soled boots are are dangerous and scary!!!
Post by: jaenswart on August 17, 2010, 08:52:07 PM
:hehe:that as well, but the ban is because of the non indeginous spores that can pollute the rivers.

Yeah I know Greg. Better ban those black bears and grizzlies too then.
Title: Re: Felt soled boots are are dangerous and scary!!!
Post by: Herman Jooste on September 09, 2010, 09:43:07 PM
I can only say what I wanna say in Afrikaans:

Ek het al my GAT afgeval op my wading boots

Ek het al baaie keer my "gat gesien" op die Vaal, met mt veld skoene. ( sien my avatar  :lolo:

However, I "drifted" a damn sight more, as well as strained and stubbed toes, every time I waded with track shoes. :shk
Title: Re: Felt soled boots are are dangerous and scary!!!
Post by: Ziggy on September 09, 2010, 10:18:30 PM
There is a big difference between felt soled boots and "veld skoene" - mainy that there are a lot more of the latter ones in Vanderbijlpark!
Title: Re: Felt soled boots are are dangerous and scary!!!
Post by: Herman Jooste on September 09, 2010, 10:52:48 PM
There is a big difference between felt soled boots and "veld skoene" - mainy that there are a lot more of the latter ones in Vanderbijlpark!

You are SOOOO RIGHT.

Most of the Vuildriehoeker's wade barefoot. :hyst:
They may, put "Crocs" on, with their short shorts and " Maak my sterk lyk" hemp to go to the Mall. :shk
Title: Re: Felt soled boots are are dangerous and scary!!!
Post by: Ziggy on September 10, 2010, 08:24:54 AM
Tell me more about the "maak my sterk hemp"? We dont have them here in Dirtbin. Do they help you catch bigger fish?
Title: Re: Felt soled boots are are dangerous and scary!!!
Post by: nico on September 10, 2010, 08:31:13 AM
That is why we call a lot of the Vuildriehoekers Damduikers and Turftone  :hehe:
 
A "help my sterk lyk" shirt is one with no sleeves, helps you look strong  w;k
Title: Re: Felt soled boots are are dangerous and scary!!!
Post by: Ziggy on September 10, 2010, 08:43:10 AM
Now I understand - They tell me that in Vanderbylparkthey also make those shirts that can fit a very large pap, vleis and beer belly. I also understand that they make special shorts that manage to fit under that belly without falling off
Title: Re: Felt soled boots are are dangerous and scary!!!
Post by: nico on September 10, 2010, 09:17:47 AM
Now I understand - They tell me that in Vanderbylparkthey also make those shirts that can fit a very large pap, vleis and beer belly. I also understand that they make special shorts that manage to fit under that belly without falling off

The correct shorts to wear with a help my sterk lyk is those short, old blue rugby shorts. And either crocs or rugby socks and vellies.
 
Title: Re: Felt soled boots are are dangerous and scary!!!
Post by: Ziggy on September 10, 2010, 09:59:14 AM
Fortunately - in my part of the world (and yours Nico) we only see these things over school holidays!
Title: Re: Felt soled boots are are dangerous and scary!!!
Post by: icstuff on September 10, 2010, 12:12:51 PM
Stop saying bad things about the Triangle, since I moved here things are more classy  :crzy
Title: Re: Felt soled boots are are dangerous and scary!!!
Post by: Herman Jooste on September 24, 2010, 03:18:20 PM
Nico & Ziggy, Love your replies guys.  :sml: So when did you leave the Vuildriehoek  duh.
I used to live on the Bluff for 3 years.  :crzy Now there are true blue people. What you see is what you get. No "pretence" whatsoever.
Some of my best friends are still there.
LOVE THAT PLACE. :win:
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal