ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: E.T. on February 19, 2013, 10:12:31 AM

Title: Drakensberg Accommodation Wanted
Post by: E.T. on February 19, 2013, 10:12:31 AM
Morning All


I am in desperate need of accommodation in the Drakensberg from 20-24 March 2013. My usual cottage is not available and I want something that is central enough to put me onto the Bushmans, Injusuthi, Mooi, etc.


The cottage on the Bushmans provided all of that. So if anyone knows of a venue close to Giants Castle, Mooi River, Nottingham Road that won't rape my wallet please feel free to share.


A cottage/chalet would do as it's only myself and Xavier that would be fishing that weekend. No T.V., no cell reception but at least a freezer to keep my food cold.


Thank you ever so kindly


Koos
Title: Re: Drakensberg Accommodation Wanted
Post by: shaheen on February 19, 2013, 02:03:04 PM
hi
what about didima camp at cathedral peak. a bit further north but great place and not very expensive
Title: Re: Drakensberg Accommodation Wanted
Post by: E.T. on February 19, 2013, 02:35:33 PM
Thanks for the reply, I did find out a while ago about their pricing and it doesn't fall in my price bracket.


I decided to go the weekend before the long weekend. I am making the 14th-17th a long weekend at least then I would miss all the traffic of the long weekend. And the BONUS, I got my usual place.....Ahhhhh, the stream is calling my name.
Title: Re: Drakensberg Accommodation Wanted
Post by: Corks on February 19, 2013, 09:26:40 PM
Hi ET, try a place called crystal waters in Underberg. It got three cottages on a beautify trout dam. Just google Crystal waters underberg and you'll find it. Truly a special place
Title: Re: Drakensberg Accommodation Wanted
Post by: Homie on February 19, 2013, 09:43:30 PM
http://www.wheretostay.co.za/theljeancottage/ (http://www.wheretostay.co.za/theljeancottage/)

Try this Koos.

Just up the road from Lake Naverone
Title: Re: Drakensberg Accommodation Wanted
Post by: MIKE PIKE on February 19, 2013, 10:22:36 PM
Koos , heres another one Rocky Mountain Lodge   , Rocco and Em Bonsma are the owners , stayed there a couple of times , excellent place and good base to  go trout fishing in the surrounding dams and streams  in the Southern Drakensburg .   Tel: (+27)033-7011676
Cell: (+27) 082 577 6771
Title: Re: Drakensberg Accommodation Wanted
Post by: E.T. on February 20, 2013, 08:43:34 AM
Guys


Thanks for the replies. I wanted a place in the Central Drakensberg.
Couldn't get my usual place for the long weekend and after phoning countless places, I decided to go the weekend before the long weekend. Maybe my post was confusing as there is two Bushmans Rivers. The one Central coming from Giants Castle and the other one is in the Southern Berg close to Underberg.


The furthest south I have been was at Lotheni which is still a bit of a drive from Himeville. The road from Notties to Lotheni is about a 60-70km dirt road and it's terrible.


Guess I have become soft fishing places like Giants Castle, Kamberg and Injusuthi.


Best
Title: Re: Drakensberg Accommodation Wanted
Post by: E.T. on February 20, 2013, 08:54:04 AM
View from Cottage over the Bushmans....


(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/PIC_1999Small_zpsbe671129.jpg)


View from a section of the Bushmans


(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/PIC_2001Small_zps0ef5e299.jpg)




This is a section inside Giants Castle
(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF3142Small_zps5d505a4f.jpg)




And this is what I am hoping to get


(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF3169Small_zps998496c4.jpg)

(http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/KOOS_ECKARD/DSCF3154Small_zps68a177a7.jpg)
Title: Re: Drakensberg Accommodation Wanted
Post by: Charles on February 20, 2013, 10:40:18 AM
Awesome pics E.T Now I know why you are so eager to go

Title: Re: Drakensberg Accommodation Wanted
Post by: WalkersKiller on February 20, 2013, 10:42:57 AM
Koos, would you be willing to give details on that place?
Title: Re: Drakensberg Accommodation Wanted
Post by: Ziggy on February 20, 2013, 12:42:48 PM
one of my most favourite spots - often go there for the day from Durban
Title: Re: Drakensberg Accommodation Wanted
Post by: E.T. on February 20, 2013, 02:27:03 PM
Koos, would you be willing to give details on that place?


Giants Castle can be reached on KZN Wildlife's website.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal