ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Rods on February 03, 2013, 07:25:18 PM

Title: Fenwick 9ft Extra Heavy Spinning rod
Post by: Rods on February 03, 2013, 07:25:18 PM
Howzit guys.  Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this rod or the brand on the whole.  I know that they make top notch fly rods but any other info would help. I especially like the fact that it has nice big guides. Thanks
Title: Re: Fenwick 9ft Extra Heavy Spinning rod
Post by: pieta on February 04, 2013, 06:23:07 AM
It has been many years since I have seen any fenwick blanks or rods. The fly rods were of the best back in the days. Had a surf blank in the early '90s. It was very soft and did not fish it for long. Replaced it with a Purglass 400/3 and never looked back.
Title: Re: Fenwick 9ft Extra Heavy Spinning rod
Post by: Rods on February 04, 2013, 10:50:20 AM
Thanks Pieta.  I did bend it to check its backbone and it does seem to be nice and stiff for its application.  Had a very similar bend to the berkeley Air.  Better choice but more bucks unfortunately
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal