ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Poenskop on January 01, 2013, 10:16:28 PM

Title: Worst Session Ever
Post by: Poenskop on January 01, 2013, 10:16:28 PM
    I’ve had my worst and most expensive fishing trip ever.  After working myself almost to death the last couple of months I managed to  join the family on their holiday at Leisure Bay near Port Edward for 4 days.  After spending the first three days doing the family thing I decided to spend  the morning of the last day spinning off the rocks targeting a kingy or a shad.  After walking down to the rocks in complete darkness I was very positive with  my chances. My Berkley Air paired with my Sustain 5000 performed flawlessly and  I was enjoying sending my lures to the horizon that was starting to light up  with the rising sun.
That was when disaster #1 struck. When I left the house that  morning it was still too dark for my sunny’s so I put it on over my hat on my  head. As the sun came up I could not find them anywhere. :-( I can only think that  they became unstuck while jumping from rock to rock. I started looking on the  rocks and retraced my steps but could not find at all. I later gave up hope of  finding them and thought that I could not spoil a awesome morning like that moping  at home about my misfortune.  I decided  to make another couple of casts before returning home.
Five casts later disaster #2 struck. I still don’t know  exactly what happened. As I casted, the tip section of my rod took off with the  lure. As it was sailing through the air the braid snapped at the reel. I look  up just in time to see my tip section entering the waves never to be seen  again. swr <: :-( I think the line wrapped around the tip section and because I could not  see properly with the sun rising I casted without noticing it.
So my score for the session was as follow:
-1 Costa del Mar Sunglasses
- 1 9ft Berkley Air Tip section
0 Fish
 
Can anyone that have a unwanted Berkley Air tip section let  me know. I would love to buy it.  :pray:
 
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: MIKE PIKE on January 01, 2013, 10:40:24 PM
Bad luck , Louie , but the good news is i've got a Berkley Air 9ft that needs a new home , let me know . :-) . 
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: Poenskop on January 02, 2013, 07:39:04 AM
 :tkx: Mike

I will take you up on the offer.

Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: Ettienne on January 02, 2013, 07:55:06 AM
Hi Louis
 
Beste vir 2013 vir jou en jou gesin! Was this the same rod that I had a cast with in Msikaba? I was going to contact you for advice on a basic Spinning rig set up for he upcoming Mapelane bash?
 
(Nice one Mike)
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: J-Rock on January 02, 2013, 08:02:13 AM
Bad luck man. It doesnt matter how careful you are, you will donate something to the ocean at some point. My last trip was a digital camera and this trip a smartphone.... It doesnt feel good but it happens.  w;k
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: Poenskop on January 02, 2013, 09:32:27 AM
Hi Louis
 
Beste vir 2013 vir jou en jou gesin! Was this the same rod that I had a cast with in Msikaba? I was going to contact you for advice on a basic Spinning rig set up for he upcoming Mapelane bash?
 
(Nice one Mike)

I think it was the same one. I will let you know about the spinning setup.
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: FishStyx on January 02, 2013, 09:55:26 AM
Bummer... I buy cheap sunglasses cos I lose and break them regularly, but the Air  :shk ... Eish!!! What a stroke of bad luck. I recently broke a Smith jigging stick and I know the feeling in the pit of your stomach... the sense of loss. I am particularly passionate about my Air.
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: Homie on January 02, 2013, 10:03:28 AM
Eish Louis !

Thata bad luck bro !

Well, your dues have been paid ! lets hope King Neptune now rewards you !
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: Poenskop on January 02, 2013, 10:18:59 AM
Eish Louis !

Thata bad luck bro !

Well, your dues have been paid ! lets hope King Neptune now rewards you !

If that is the case I would not mind breaking a rod every couple of years. :-)
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: MIKE PIKE on January 02, 2013, 07:19:41 PM
Here we go Louie , pics of the Berkley Air 9 ft.
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: Lofty on January 03, 2013, 06:44:22 PM
Hi Mike Pike,how much for the rod?Looks brand new? :tkx:
 
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: Lenny on January 03, 2013, 06:51:46 PM
that SUCK !! Loosing/breaking tackle eishhhhh ,  :cry: I feel your pain .
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: Charles on January 03, 2013, 09:39:53 PM
 :-( Bad luck Louis. These things happen! (If someone catch a cob in the Kanon area wearing some sunnys it may be mine!)
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: MIKE PIKE on January 03, 2013, 09:51:14 PM
Hi Mike Pike,how much for the rod?Looks brand new? :tkx:
Sorry Nicky , Louie has already bought the rod.
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: Poenskop on January 04, 2013, 07:51:00 AM
:-( Bad luck Louis. These things happen! (If some catch a cob in the Kanon area wearing some sunnys it may be mine!)

Ja, I am already over it (with the help of Mike). I can't wait to get the rod and tackle the cobbies again. Maybe this one is alot more lucky than the previous one. w;k
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: Lofty on January 04, 2013, 01:47:35 PM
O.K cool,hope Louis has a lot of  :fshn: :tite
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: Poenskop on January 04, 2013, 01:58:23 PM
O.K cool,hope Louis has a lot of  :fshn: :tite

Thanks Bud :tkx:
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: Kumz on January 04, 2013, 03:22:41 PM
Bad luck Louis ..... Congrats on the new rod ....
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: demon on January 05, 2013, 08:21:15 PM
Bummer, I just did that with my 12ft exage, the sinker connected with the tip in the cast. I now have a 11.8ft rod with a new tip.....
Title: Re: Worst Session Ever
Post by: hrogers on January 05, 2013, 08:52:02 PM
Funny things can happen when casting !!
Seagull took my bait in the air when I was casting - Had to real the bird in as well !!
Bird was released afterwards with no harm done
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal