ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Plugger on December 22, 2012, 11:00:55 AM

Title: Onde Onda
Post by: Plugger on December 22, 2012, 11:00:55 AM
I thought these were no longer available ? Bought them yesterday !
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Cam Mundy on December 22, 2012, 01:16:01 PM
Better check the sell by date.
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Echo7 on December 22, 2012, 01:53:18 PM
Where did you get them bru?
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Shaun17 on December 22, 2012, 02:15:37 PM
Where did you get those?
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Gregf on December 22, 2012, 04:07:09 PM
Pray tell please sir
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Happy Dog on December 22, 2012, 05:22:59 PM
let us know as well.
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Fritz on December 22, 2012, 07:12:03 PM
They are full up at Kings guys. And they come in a bunch of colours.
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: PH on December 22, 2012, 07:31:54 PM
Also saw them in Plett this morning, but the packaging looked different.
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Gregf on December 22, 2012, 07:58:11 PM
The original one's?
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Leo on December 22, 2012, 08:47:40 PM
I remember seeing an ad somewhere that they where coming back.
Saw them at the tackle shop down this side, bit cheaper as well think they were R58.
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: jaenswart on December 22, 2012, 08:48:53 PM
They are full up at Kings guys. And they come in a bunch of colours.
total rubbish the kings brand.

Will post pics tomorrow how they look after only 1 hour in the water
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: PH on December 23, 2012, 04:23:04 AM
The original one's?
Having read the posts subsequent to mine, it's probably the King's brand.
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: super_daav on December 23, 2012, 10:44:15 AM
Plugger, those are the originals which are no longer being made by Maria. If you can find them buy them all!
 
We have created a replica based on the originals with input from Maria.
 
Jaen, could you ellaborate on your comment as interested to hear what you dont like?
 
 
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: jaenswart on December 23, 2012, 01:14:29 PM
The paint coming off.


So basically I don't like paying for a sub standard lure
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Shaun17 on December 23, 2012, 02:49:39 PM
The paint coming off.
I've had the same problem, thrown a few away already!!!
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: PH on December 23, 2012, 08:26:42 PM
Are Onda's painted?  The one's I have are clear. The lures I saw in Plett are named "The Onda" - Product of Kingfisher. They are also clear castings with reflective paper inside the casting. :dunno:
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: super_daav on December 24, 2012, 08:21:30 AM
Thanks Jaen. I will ask our chaps to check it out.
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Rods on December 25, 2012, 07:55:15 AM
Found an original a couple of months back in Port Edward. Will be giving it a go soon as I get back to KZN
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: jaenswart on December 25, 2012, 08:28:45 AM
Thanks Jaen. I will ask our chaps to check it out.

Thank boet. If they are gonna sell it as the original then they should bring the quality too. I will rather pay R200 and get proper quality.
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Plugger on December 26, 2012, 07:25:58 PM
Sorry for the late reply but I am down at the cottage and the internet here is slower than my great aunt Gladys. I found them at a tackle shop in Hillcrest, don't know the name but its the one near the Mozambik restuarant. The guy who sold them to me seemed to think there was not a problem getting them but I don't think he knew too much. These are the real McCoy.
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Shaun17 on December 27, 2012, 08:45:12 AM
Now SOLD OUT  :hnthnt:
 
Shot Plugger!!!
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Plugger on December 27, 2012, 10:09:50 AM
No problem, that was fast work !  You snooze, you loose !!
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Happy Dog on January 01, 2013, 07:23:34 PM
Used the ones from Kings on Sunday and deadly. Lost one on a braid . first cast on. The pink one not so effictive. The clear one also awesome. I agree with Jeanswatr one fish and peeling. Would have expexted to last longer than one YFT.
They are very effective but question longevity!!
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Rory mundy on January 01, 2013, 07:50:55 PM
keep them away from the toothy fish as they will get scratched too :hehe:
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Happy Dog on January 01, 2013, 10:20:23 PM
If decent toothy I don't mind the scratches..
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Plugger on January 02, 2013, 01:26:24 PM
I've been throwing the purple Onda (genuine) here with a Travaler, Stradick combo and have been klapping the Shad. I lost a big one because I was too lazy to change the treble for a single and cut off two of the hooks instead. This pathetic hook was shaken loose in the shore break after a nice fight. The boys are still laughing at me, needless to say the hook has now (too late) been replaced. The other spoon I have been having fun with is the Bite Me bullet spoon. The boys went out on the jetski again and only got another YFT (not my favourite eating fish at all).
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: jaenswart on January 02, 2013, 01:32:09 PM
.... only got another YFT (not my favourite eating fish at all).

you need to bleed them proper and get a couple of Shags receipes...best eating
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: John F on January 02, 2013, 01:37:17 PM
got another YFT (not my favourite eating fish at all).

yeah, right...
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Plugger on January 02, 2013, 02:04:15 PM
They did bleed it (they keep their GoPros on their heads and video ). Its amazing how the blood squirts out like a severed artery ! It was grilled with onion and garlic butter).
Title: Re: Onde Onda
Post by: Homie on January 02, 2013, 02:14:27 PM
They did bleed it (they keep their GoPros on their heads and video ). Its amazing how the blood squirts out like a severed artery ! It was grilled with onion and garlic butter).

there's the problem !

EAT IT RAW !
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal