ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

General Angling Topics => Saltwater Lure Angling => Topic started by: Gamkaboer on November 20, 2012, 02:01:46 PM

Title: Light tackle lure fishing for these locations
Post by: Gamkaboer on November 20, 2012, 02:01:46 PM
Hi Guys

So this holidays I will be of to the cape on a travel holiday from the 20th to the 2nd.

Our stops will be 2 - 3 days on the following destinations:

Knysna
George
Melkbosstrand
Franskraal

I will be travelling light and only take my grinders and light rods along.
I do not want to struggle with bait ( maybe a tjokka or so ) and want to use lures mostly.

Can you please advise me on what to get for the areas and also where to fish in the areas.

Thanks a mill!
Title: Re: Light tackle lure fishing for these locations
Post by: stephan.chambers on November 20, 2012, 02:14:12 PM
I will be in Gansbaai (Franskraal is around the corner) from 2nd Dec until same in Jan 2013 - I go there every year - not heard of many successes with lures from the shore but I will be trying as well. Usually we do rock & surf from Franskraal (Haaiklip) or "die Gruis" - need a 4x4 for this. mostly for Kob & other edibles. But we use bait - mostly chokka/Sard etc. As we speak there are good cathes from Haaiklip - Kob are is full swing and with the lagoon at Uilenkraalsmond open hopefully more will arrive shortly. I will keep you updated...or hook up with us when you arrive..
Title: Re: Light tackle lure fishing for these locations
Post by: RobinF on November 20, 2012, 03:55:13 PM
Hi Gamkaboer,

SAFISH lives in Knysna and is a great source of info for that area. Search his posts or contact him. We go there atleast once a year, I have a boat there. The Lagoon is riddled with boats, big, fast machines. Make a lot of noise. The fish normally spend time away from all the noise, so fishing tends to decline at this time. The trick is your timing must be right, very early in the morning and late evening, when the lagoon is quiet. If you don't have a boat, then park and walk to the train bridge and you should get Leerie (Leervis; Garrick) in and around there. Please release them as they are not great eating fish and they are such a pleasure to fight, they fight clean and honest. Your best bet for good solid reliable info is SAFISH - get hold of him and read his posts. He knows the area far better than me.

Regards
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal