ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Trout fishing => Topic started by: Ziggy on August 13, 2012, 12:52:06 PM

Title: Ireland next week this time......
Post by: Ziggy on August 13, 2012, 12:52:06 PM
Next week at exactly this time I will be taking my first steps into the Suir river at Cahir in Tipperary Ireland - see pic of what it will look like. Weather is not looking the best (daily drizzle and some rain...but that's is Ireland! I will be fishing for 6 days, so hopefully will be able to land a few trout - mainly browns there
I first arrive in London this coming Saturday and pick up the big ticket  items in the pic below (plus a range of little things) that are waiting for me at the fly fishing shop. The owner will actually pick me up at the airport and take me directly to his shop - he lives near Heathrow and is a buddy of the friend I am going to be fishing with.


Thanks for ET for advising on the purchase of the rod and reel - and for Rory who "pushed" me into buying a vice to start tying flies - my wife has both your contact details so pasop - I blamed the not so insignificant expenditure on severe peer pressure from you guys!
Title: Re: Ireland next week this time......
Post by: Kumz on August 13, 2012, 01:08:57 PM
 (clap) ....... :envy .......... :tite
Title: Re: Ireland next week this time......
Post by: Rory on August 13, 2012, 01:52:31 PM
Excellent Ziggy!! Tight lines and please take plenty photos!  :envy
Title: Re: Ireland next week this time......
Post by: J-Rock on August 13, 2012, 02:03:55 PM
 :tite
Title: Re: Ireland next week this time......
Post by: deezynking on August 13, 2012, 03:36:56 PM
 :tite  Lines and a Safe Trip Ziggy  :fshn: :trout: :ult:
Title: Re: Ireland next week this time......
Post by: WalkersKiller on August 15, 2012, 09:39:00 AM
 :tite should be an awesome trip!
Title: Re: Ireland next week this time......
Post by: Ziggy on August 15, 2012, 03:00:06 PM
frantically get all my stuff together to leave the day after tomorrow  - just arrived back from Sudan last night - with serious flu (not pleasant to have when flying - terrible inflamed inner ear, and extremely painful when coming down to sea level, I kind of know what a fish feels now when it gets gaffed in the ear!) - went too the doc who gave me some anti-biotics that are the size of my pinky! Said that should sort me out before I go - if I don't choke on them when swallowing!
Title: Re: Ireland next week this time......
Post by: Herman Jooste on August 16, 2012, 08:21:52 PM
Hey Ziggy, have a great trip, enjoy the new gear and most of all, give those Pommie troot a " Snot Klap"  :fshn: w;k
Title: Re: Ireland next week this time......
Post by: Prego on September 03, 2012, 03:30:48 PM
And how was this trip? :trout:
Title: Re: Ireland next week this time......
Post by: Ziggy on September 03, 2012, 08:07:25 PM
And how was this trip? :trout:


Got back on Wednesday and was off to the Drakensberg on Friday (where I am now)...fishing in Ireland was not good (worst season in over 25 years) rivers in flood etc...I am compiling a report which I will post soon - when I am less grumpy about Ireland and have caught a few decent fish here on the berg. From dams only because Fishing here in the S Berg at the moment is damsonly -  the rivers have not been opened by the club - keeping  them closed for a little longer hoping for some rain, they are far too low
Title: Re: Ireland next week this time......
Post by: Prego on September 04, 2012, 09:23:12 AM
Sorry to hear/read that Ziggy its a pity the  charters don't tell you these things before you pay for these expensive trips (bat

Tight lines in the berg!
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal