ULTIMATE ANGLING - the Ultimate SA Fishing website

FRESHWATER ANGLING => Fly fishing => Topic started by: icstuff on July 30, 2012, 01:43:56 PM

Title: Abusing your rod
Post by: icstuff on July 30, 2012, 01:43:56 PM
Check the abuse these chaps give rods and the one explains why so many tip section break for "no reason what so ever"
I cant even imagine bending a rod like that!

Echo Fly Rod Testing with Tim Rajeff and The Caddis Fly Angling Shop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaMELRJPr6I#ws)
Title: Re: Abusing your rod
Post by: J-Rock on July 30, 2012, 01:51:10 PM
Serious abuse! :crzy
Title: Re: Abusing your rod
Post by: SAfish on July 30, 2012, 01:59:47 PM
 :shk It breaks my heart to see these rods destroyed.  :cry:
You can clearly see which part of the rod takes the pressure.  (clap)
Title: Re: Abusing your rod
Post by: Wynand13 on August 07, 2012, 10:11:25 AM
Thanks for the video, but sad to watch, however if they never did this we would not have decent rods today...
I do not think that I will be able to do that to a rod
Title: Re: Abusing your rod
Post by: Wynand13 on August 07, 2012, 10:42:21 AM
I must say, he got me thinking I have unhooked flies with the tip of my rod many a time, and that is a bit  duh as a fly is R5 and a rod significantly more.... At least I learned something...
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal